Does VIBGYOR do it for you?

tsk1979tsk1979 Registered Users Posts: 937 Major grins
edited September 27, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges

Comments

• TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2007
    I really like this photo, just find that the crop from top could be brought down a tad...It is looks really spacey....it would to me increase the depth by giving it a crop....and make that rainbow pop..

AS far as theme, I can't really say...but your photo has beautiful lighting..
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
  • GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    Yes, it does. :D
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6

• Pat664422Pat664422 Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    I think this is a pretty strong entry. I would play around a bit with the cropping as Tentacion suggested a bit and see if it looks better to you. I'd definitely recommend putting it in though.
  • LiquidAirLiquidAir Registered Users Posts: 1,751 Major grins
    Nice. Looks like Emerald Bay to me.

I'd straighten out the horizon and crop it a bit. For my personal taste the black foreground is a little too heavy and could be cropped up a bit. Also, the left edge of the frame isn't really contributing much to the overall image and could be potentially cropped in a bit. You might end up with the horizon dead center in the middle which I think might work with this image by creating a feeling of the bay mirroring the rainbow.
  • tsk1979tsk1979 Registered Users Posts: 937 Major grins
    Thanks for all the tips guys.
    So this is what I'll do
    1. Crop it from top and remove the black foreground.
    Since I have RAW I can leave the shadows slider to low value so that the foreground is greener
    2. About the rainbow popping, I tried bumping up saturation and stuff, but am somehow unable to pop out just the rainbow.
    Looks like time to select is using a mask or something and try and make it pop? Any suggestions are appreciated!
  • tsk1979tsk1979 Registered Users Posts: 937 Major grins
    edited September 25, 2007
  • indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited September 26, 2007
    Oh the cropped version is so efficient. I love it. Nice and tidy. Strong entry, yes indeed.

Jesse
  • GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited September 27, 2007
    tsk1979 wrote:
    Here is the cropped version

Beautiful!

Best of luck!
    Emily
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6