Watermark Problems

Karenl39Karenl39 Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
edited September 24, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I have been using watermarks for awhile. Today, I tried to move the watermark to the bottom of the picture. It used to work. However, it had absolutely no effect on the pictures. I tried and and tried to reset the gallery and nothing has happened. Any ideas?

Here is a link to the gallery.

http://karenlynch.smugmug.com/gallery/3533716

Thanks!

Comments

• RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2007
    Karenl39 wrote:
    I have been using watermarks for awhile. Today, I tried to move the watermark to the bottom of the picture. It used to work. However, it had absolutely no effect on the pictures. I tried and and tried to reset the gallery and nothing has happened. Any ideas?

Here is a link to the gallery.

http://karenlynch.smugmug.com/gallery/3533716

Thanks!

You created a new watermark in smugmug and used the bottom setting for the location?

You then applied the new watermark to images in the gallery?
  • Karenl39Karenl39 Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    RogersDA wrote:
    You created a new watermark in smugmug and used the bottom setting for the location?

You then applied the new watermark to images in the gallery?

Well, I didn't create a new one because I already created those watermarks a while back. So, I went in and edited them and asked them to be located at the bottom of the image. They're not.
  • RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
    Karenl39 wrote:
    Well, I didn't create a new one because I already created those watermarks a while back. So, I went in and edited them and asked them to be located at the bottom of the image. They're not.

So in the control panel you edited the watermark, changed the location to "Bottom", and clicked submit.

After that you still need to go to your gallery and reapply the watermark. This will overwrite the existing small, medium, and large images stored in smugmug with new ones having your "new" watermark.

Any new images uploaded to the gallery should have your "new" watermark applied.
    RogersDA wrote:
    So in the control panel you edited the watermark, changed the location to "Bottom", and clicked submit.

After that you still need to go to your gallery and reapply the watermark. This will overwrite the existing small, medium, and large images stored in smugmug with new ones having your "new" watermark.

Any new images uploaded to the gallery should have your "new" watermark applied.

I did go to the gallery and I did reapply the watermark and it still didn't work. I certainly hope I don't have to reupload each picture in order to use the new watermark.
    Karenl39 wrote:
    I did go to the gallery and I did reapply the watermark and it still didn't work. I certainly hope I don't have to reupload each picture in order to use the new watermark.
    Ok, now it works. I was adjusting it under the gallery customize settings instead of under the photo watermark settings.