What to toss and what to keep?

GiselleGiselle Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
edited September 26, 2007 in People
I have been working on my website lately, and would love c/c on my slideshow pics. Which help and which hurt your first impression of my work?http://photographybygiselle.com
Giselle

Comments

• hamsterhamster Registered Users Posts: 361 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2007
    Giselle, I don't really see anything that would hurt my impression - the only one that seems a bit out of place is the golfing shots, but it shows the versatilty of your work. Nice stuff!

I think it's a pretty long slideshow, and people will probably have clicked through before it finishes - so maybe you want to cut a few out? Not necessary, though, imo.

Cherie
  • IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2007
    Works for me
    I watched it all. Liked it all. I hate golf, so gotta agree with previous post:D but consider the source. I assume you have license for the music.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • GiselleGiselle Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
    edited September 25, 2007
    Icebear wrote:
    I watched it all. Liked it all. I hate golf, so gotta agree with previous post:D but consider the source. I assume you have license for the music.

I forgot that music was on there, I keep my computer on mute, I put it on as a joke for a friend of mine but you got to love the "oreo cookie blues":ivar

Thanks for looking and the comments Icebear and Hamster, I am trying to cut it down to the best ones, anyone else??
    Giselle
  • DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    Well, since you asked...

I'd toss the golf one and the gas monitor ones, they don't really fit with the majority of the rest. If you are trying to show diversity, then you should have much more of it than just one or two.

The pregnant one should go, just because the soft focus style of those shots doesn't fit. I don't think the wedding shot into the sunset is nearly as strong as the rest so I would ditch that one too.

I would consider removing the two or three shots that are singles - you have a tryptych theme going, or at least a multiple-shot theme and there's only a few singles. I don't think those singles are "wow" enough to warrant the change in theme.

In writing it all down it seems like there won't be anything left! Luckily you have so many other great shots/sets to keep up there. thumb.gif

All this is just my two cents, your site looks great!
    DJ-S1 wrote:
    Well, since you asked...

I'd toss the golf one and the gas monitor ones, they don't really fit with the majority of the rest. If you are trying to show diversity, then you should have much more of it than just one or two.

The pregnant one should go, just because the soft focus style of those shots doesn't fit. I don't think the wedding shot into the sunset is nearly as strong as the rest so I would ditch that one too.

I would consider removing the two or three shots that are singles - you have a tryptych theme going, or at least a multiple-shot theme and there's only a few singles. I don't think those singles are "wow" enough to warrant the change in theme.

In writing it all down it seems like there won't be anything left! Luckily you have so many other great shots/sets to keep up there. thumb.gif

All this is just my two cents, your site looks great!

OK, I got rid of the golf and corp. pics, I agree they don't mesh well with the others, maybe Ill add a business gallery for those. Before I get rid of the others I'd like to hear from more of y'all...please...:D
    Giselle
  • HarlanBearHarlanBear Registered Users Posts: 290 Major grins
    Hi Giselle,

Very nice pictures, BTW.
    Perhaps you were working on the website as I was viewing (2:24PM PST), but the transition from one set of images to another was inconsistent. Some flashed up and gone pretty quickly and some stuck around. And not sure if it's a design, but do you want it to go to black before the next images come up. Perhaps this is the way these slideshows all work. The timing between black and the next images also seems to be a bit inconsistent. May be my machine, too, if this isn't happening for you.

I agree that some business images or others would help show versatility.

My 2 cents.
    edited September 26, 2007
    HarlanBear wrote:
    Hi Giselle,

Very nice pictures, BTW.
    Perhaps you were working on the website as I was viewing (2:24PM PST), but the transition from one set of images to another was inconsistent. Some flashed up and gone pretty quickly and some stuck around. And not sure if it's a design, but do you want it to go to black before the next images come up. Perhaps this is the way these slideshows all work. The timing between black and the next images also seems to be a bit inconsistent. May be my machine, too, if this isn't happening for you.

I agree that some business images or others would help show versatility.

My 2 cents.

I think it happens when it takes too long for the picture to load, does anyone else know a reason for this and how to correct it?
    Giselle