Options

Empty Roads Tour - SK, MT, ID, WY, & UT

GrainbeltGrainbelt Registered Users Posts: 478 Major grins
edited September 24, 2007 in Landscapes
Spent two days riding to Utah from Saskatchewan, two and a half coming back. Here are some shots from the trip.

Glad to hear any input. I limited processing to some cropping. Most of these were taken thru a helmet wearing insulated gloves, time sensitive trip and all.. Camera is a Canon S5 IS I bought a bit back.

199745896-L.jpg

199747918-L.jpg

199749423-L.jpg

199749623-L.jpg

199754270-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2007
    I like the last one the best thumb.gif
  • Options
    Dogdots wrote:
    I like the last one the best thumb.gif

I took about 20 shots from there. In person, the views were just stunning, so dark, yet with the light spilling onto the snowy peaks. The fire-scorched pines in the foreground add to the stark nature of the shot, IMO.

I'm kinda partial to the barn and triangular structure as well. Photos I took really didn't do it justice - It was so striking as I rode up to it that I stared at at, rode right by it, then remembered to slow down and go back to take some pics.
  • Options
    DesertRatDesertRat Registered Users Posts: 111 Major grins
    Very nice! Where was the last one taken? The only flaw I see is the non BMW in the first 2 shots.naughty.gif

Mike
    Looking for adventure in all the wrong places!
  • Options
    The barn one it a good one to. It is a picture that speaks, which I like. The one with what I'm thinking is your bike in the parking lot....is that a parking lot by the Great Salt Lakes? It looks familiar.

I'm sure you enjoyed your trip and I bet if your like me there were alot more pictures you would have loved to have taken. And your probably planning a longer trip to get them the next time.
  • Options
    DesertRat wrote:
    Very nice! Where was the last one taken? The only flaw I see is the non BMW in the first 2 shots.naughty.gif

Mike
    Last one is Glacier Nat'l Park, just off hwy 89 south of the St. Mary entrance, but North of East Glacier.

Go easy on the Kwak, she's my 2nd bike, and the first capable of reliable, long distance travel. 600 miles a day for 4 days, loved every minute.
    dogdots wrote:
    The barn one it a good one to. It is a picture that speaks, which I like. The one with what I'm thinking is your bike in the parking lot....is that a parking lot by the Great Salt Lakes?

It looks familiar.
    I'm sure you enjoyed your trip and I bet if your like me there were alot more pictures you would have loved to have taken. And your probably planning a longer trip to get them the next time.

You're close on question 1 - I was at a parking lot in the Willard Bay State Park, having pulled off the road to get away from the crazy truckers and construction to enjoy a Red Bull and look at the water. Willard Bay is just north of Salt Lake City along Interstate 15, and I think is actually part of the Great Salt Lake itself.

I missed so many shots on day two, Bozeman to Park City, trying to get in before dark and meet some colleagues for dinner. For example, I headed south of of Bozeman at 8 am on a Tuesday, chasing the Gallatin River thru the mountains as the sun burned gently thru the fog. If I can remember it that vividly in my head, you have to believe there were some good shots left behind.
  • Options
    Grainbelt have you seen this site. Just saw it on the news tonight. www.woodrowlandfair.com This guy sold everything and took off on a bike trip to write a book and take pictures.