First Post on DGRIN

sittingshootersittingshooter Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited September 25, 2007 in People
Hey everyone. I just joined today, and have seen some really great stuff. I am pretty new to people/portrait shots, and have lots to learn, but I am having alot of fun in the process. Here is a recent one of my granddaughter and her mom. We were hoping to capture the intimacy between a mother and her child. I think we succeeded, and though the picture isnt perfect by far, we like it. Taken with Rebel XTI, 50mm 1.8, and two hotlights...thanks for looking.

Comments

• jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2007
    Very nice shooter, and welcome to the boards!!!
  • i_worship_the_Kingi_worship_the_King Registered Users Posts: 548 Major grins
    Gorgeous! If you haven't put it through photoshop you may be able to play with the saturation to get just a hair more contrast in the skin tones, but quite a capture! Keep up the fantastic work! clap.gif
    I make it policy to never let ignorance stand in the way of my opinion. ~Justiceiro

"Your decisions on whether to buy, when to buy and what to buy should depend on careful consideration of your needs primarily, with a little of your wants thrown in for enjoyment, After all photography is a hobby, even for pros."
    ~Herbert Keppler
  • IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    Awww . . .
    Very sweet. I'm new here myself. You'll find that you'll get more brutal constructive criticism if you tie yourself to the "whipping post". There are some really fine photographers on DGRIN who don't have anything else to do with their lives than spend their time here. If you have a reasonably thick skin, you can learn a ton from them. bowdown.gif I know I have.

Someone's bound to say it, so it may as well be me. The shot woulda been better if the baby's hand hadn't been out of the frame. Hard to get the little rascals to cooperate though.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited September 25, 2007
    Icebear wrote:
    Very sweet. I'm new here myself. You'll find that you'll get more brutal constructive criticism if you tie yourself to the "whipping post". There are some really fine photographers on DGRIN who don't have anything else to do with their lives than spend their time here. If you have a reasonably thick skin, you can learn a ton from them. bowdown.gif I know I have.

Someone's bound to say it, so it may as well be me. The shot woulda been better if the baby's hand hadn't been out of the frame. Hard to get the little rascals to cooperate though.

I totally agree with Icebear. The only thing I can offer with this picture is crop it tigher. The sheet behind mommy is messy, so just crop that out.

Welcome to the boards...I've been here over a year and really like it.