Operation aborted in IE error - tried fix and still not working

sbresslersbressler Registered Users Posts: 148 Major grins
edited October 31, 2007 in SmugMug Support
When loading this gallery I'm still getting an "Operation aborted" error in IE sometimes (other times it loads fine). I've moved the script that fills the header div to the footer in the SmugMug customization so that it's not within anything but the body. I also added defer="defer" to it, and yet it still fails sometimes. Does anybody have any idea how to fix this?

Gallery, among others, that somestimes fails in IE: http://gallery.lsb-photo.com/gallery/3538078

Comments

• BarbBarb Administrators Posts: 3,352 SmugMug Employee
    edited September 25, 2007
    sbressler wrote:
    When loading this gallery I'm still getting an "Operation aborted" error in IE sometimes (other times it loads fine). I've moved the script that fills the header div to the footer in the SmugMug customization so that it's not within anything but the body. I also added defer="defer" to it, and yet it still fails sometimes. Does anybody have any idea how to fix this?

Gallery, among others, that somestimes fails in IE: http://gallery.lsb-photo.com/gallery/3538078

Hi,

I'm not getting an IE error in the gallery above. Are you still getting it?
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    Barb wrote:
    Hi,

I'm not getting an IE error in the gallery above. Are you still getting it?
    Barb, I'm still getting it on my IE6 and I also know what line is responsible, I'm just not sure what the fix was.
    It's the following line in the footer section:
    so.write("flashcontent");

This modifies the page before it has been completely loaded. We used to have a code snippet from the Yahoo library that ensured that the function would only be executed when the page had been sucessfully loaded. Something like YUI.onAvailable followed by the code that you wanted to execute. Do you recall?

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • BarbBarb Administrators Posts: 3,352 SmugMug Employee
    Barb, I'm still getting it on my IE6 and I also know what line is responsible, I'm just not sure what the fix was.
    It's the following line in the footer section:
    so.write("flashcontent");

This modifies the page before it has been completely loaded. We used to have a code snippet from the Yahoo library that ensured that the function would only be executed when the page had been sucessfully loaded. Something like YUI.onAvailable followed by the code that you wanted to execute. Do you recall?

Sebastian

Hmmm, I'm getting no errors in IE ... odd.

Anyway, the function may be something like this:

YE.onDOMReady(function() {

But I have no idea as to how to make it work with the above code. JT would know for sure.
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    Here's an explanation I found on YE.onAvailable. I hope this might help.

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • sbresslersbressler Registered Users Posts: 148 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2007
    OK, so I'm no longer getting an Operation Aborted error but my header now does not show up in IE6. Any ideas why? Most recently I implemented vanity URLs (which also don't work in IE6), but I don't think anything about me implementing those messed things up.

Thanks,
    Scott
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2007
    sbressler wrote:
    OK, so I'm no longer getting an Operation Aborted error but my header now does not show up in IE6. Any ideas why? Most recently I implemented vanity URLs (which also don't work in IE6), but I don't think anything about me implementing those messed things up.

Thanks,
    Scott
    Bump, any experts can look at this?
  • sbresslersbressler Registered Users Posts: 148 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Bump, any experts can look at this?
    Ah, sadly of all the threads I've posted lately this is the one you notice, Andy... :):

I think everything is actually working fine now - my header wasn't showing up before I think because of javascript issues (missing semicolons and the like)... Seems fine now.

Thanks anyway!