Bug in Mapping Feature?

JohnTheBearJohnTheBear Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited September 25, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Hi, I spent a lot of time entering geographies for some of my photos. They all map correctly; that is not the problem. But when I try to search maps for public photos of other users - using any of the search criteria in the dropdown provided on the Smugmug maps page-- I get no results. This is not an issue of waiting for the "loading photos" busy icon to finish. It simply does not produce anythihg. I wrote to support earlier and someone did note the problem but it had not been fixed.

This would be a nice feature to work because it would enable the amateur phtographer (like me) to see how more advanced photographers experience a particular location and learn from them. If it is only available in on of the upgraded versions, then the Smugmug maps homepage should be clear on that. However, I am kind of suspecting it was just something that never got implmented. (If so, and if not high on the priority list, some sort of "cming soon:" note might be in order here).

Also, Smugmug lists "popular maps" but does not make it clear how to save a map under a given name.

Please advise.