Options

Ch#33 contribution by Yuri.

Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
edited March 4, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
1959.jpg
*Protest meeting of communists...
Many, many old people here in Russia are sure, that only Stalin could keep our great country in order. Meaning 'democracy' was discredited by new wave politicians... One could find a lot of emotions at the meeting: anger, malicious joy, nostalgia... but all these emotions had a general foundation - total assurance in their rectitude...
Look at this man - he worked hard all his life... And what does he have? Pension about 30-40$? Why those old people from Germany, Japan, US start to live after retirement - they visit other coutries, even have enough money to help others - that's what he says... There was an order here - when Stalin was...
Sorry for such a long story and for my English...
Spasibo,
Yuri

Comments

• Options
    mslammersmslammers Registered Users Posts: 121 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2005
    I do like the Emotion

1959.jpg
    Many, many old people here in Russia are sure, that only Stalin could keep our great country in order. Meaning 'democracy' was discredited by new wave politicians... One could find a lot of emotions at the meeting: anger, malicious joy, nostalgia... but all these emotions had a general foundation - total assurance in their rectitude...
    Look at this man - he worked hard all his life... And what does he have? Pension about 30-40$? Why those old people from Germany, Japan, US start to live after retirement - they visit other coutries, even have enough money to help others - that's what he says... There was an order here - when Stalin was...
    Spasibo,
    Yuri
    I just learned something. If you post above the photo, the system doesn't think you have any message and gives an error. Anyway, I said "Clearly shows Emotion. Maybe just a bit oversharpened to my eyes"
    Good capture. Nice street photo.
  • Options
    digital faeriedigital faerie Registered Users Posts: 667 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2005
    1959.jpg
    Spasibo,
    Yuri
    first off lemme say I am in love with this shot! thumb.gif yes the expression is clear to me, he looks intense about his topic. beautifully shot (as usual!!)
  • Options
    Charlie BrownCharlie Brown Registered Users Posts: 199 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2005
    1959.jpg
    Spasibo,
    Yuri

yuri, my friend, let me tell you something. every time i see one of your pictures im proud. its just one of those things, like when you go to a museum or see a play and are moved. im proud to be a part of the human race when i see what beauty we can create. i can only tell you how much i admire your work. keep up the incredible work.

charlie
    I can only hope to progress to the point of one day being a second rate photographer, wish me luck.
  • Options
    JennyJenny Registered Users Posts: 96 Big grins
    edited March 3, 2005
    I have to say I love your work! Your shots are beautiful! I love this, it is amazing!clap.gifclap.gif
  • Options
    Eric&SusanEric&Susan Registered Users Posts: 1,280 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2005
    Hey Yuri. You always seem to have a way with people and photographing them just right. I really like this photoclap.gif

Eric
    "My dad taught me everything I know, unfortunately he didn't teach me everything he knows" Dale Earnhardt Jr

It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

http://photosbyeric.smugmug.com
  • Options
    SeamusSeamus Registered Users Posts: 1,573 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2005
    1959.jpg
    Spasibo,
    Yuri
    |t's a great photo Yuri, and it captures a moment that is repeated in every country. I would title it Grumpy old man, because there's one like this in every town.
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2005
    I wouldn't title him grumpy, he looks concerned, ............well, he looks lots of things, but not grumpy.

A Concerned Soviet Citizen
    I don't know.

I do know that I have the same problems he does, and I can soooooooo relate.
    some of mine are a long story, but I have yet to read a story about a senior who lives like I do.

And I would love to have someone else to get together with and talk about it, like he does. I am sure there are wealthier people in Russia, too. So it is not just where he lives, but if that is his perception, it is true for him.

What he looks to me is like he has a point he is trying to get across to his listener. I don't know how to caption that. I do think I would keep it as Russian, adds something (not true, is my american problem, too), but it is also a Russian problem and I would keep it that way.

I like the photo a lot. More with time. And it isn't a kid. So nice that it isn't another kid.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.