Options

comments please~ 3rd wedding

nicoleshillidaynicoleshilliday Registered Users Posts: 549 Major grins
edited September 29, 2007 in Weddings
Hello, i am new to this but wanted to show some of my shots from my latest wedding. Please let me know what you think! i am looking for any comments that might help for future shots.

img-9207.jpg

img-5504.jpg

img-1310.jpg

img-3146.jpg

img-3751.jpg

img-5232.jpg

img-9061.jpg3430737#200406506-S-LB
Nicole
D3, and other Nikon goodies
Shilliday Photography
Blog
Facebook

Comments

• Options
    GiselleGiselle Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
    edited September 26, 2007
    I like 7 the most, I wish that guy in the back could have quit eating for a minute, he is the only one not paying attention!
    Giselle
  • Options
    jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited September 26, 2007
    The BW ones are fabulous. On the color shots, watch the red in the skin tones. Good job overall!!
  • Options
    scottVscottV Registered Users Posts: 354 Major grins
    edited September 27, 2007
    flash seems a little harsh on #2...but i really like 7 & 5 :D
  • Options
    noniladynonilady Registered Users Posts: 204 Major grins
    i love the composition for 5,6,7:D
    Nonilady
    long way to go but getting there:D:ivar:lynnma
  • Options
    urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    Cute series! I like #1 but could benefit from a tighter crop (and skintones seem red as someone else mentioned!)

I am not sure about cutting her eyes off in #4, however, I really like #5, and #7 is just AMAZING!!!! Absolutely love that one! I think it's funny and "real" that the guy is still grazing in the background. Lots of emotion, joy, beauty and interest in this image. Way to go! clap.gif
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • Options
    f00sion wrote:
    flash seems a little harsh on #2...but i really like 7 & 5 :D
    Thanks for you comments. 5 is my fav!

Maybe i am not seeing it, but i don't see how the flash is harsh on #2...but could be my lack experience. Thanks again.
    Nicole
    Shilliday Photography
    Blog
    Facebook
  • Options
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    The BW ones are fabulous. On the color shots, watch the red in the skin tones. Good job overall!!

I will work on the red tones in the skin. Thanks for all the great comments.
    Nicole
    Shilliday Photography
    Blog
    Facebook
  • Options
    Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
    What I like about these are they feel fun and you have a lot of interaction between the people in the shots. It is interesting to look at, even for someone who does not know the couple. There are even unconventional shots like the cigar puff both in content (a bride with a cigar) and composition (not seeing the eyes) that I find add interest too. You definitely have an eye for photojournalistic wedding photography.

Refining your technique and lighting will go a long way toward helping you deliver high quality work, which is the case with everyone, but you don't have far to go. And a bit of experience there is all you really need and you have already gotten some good advice. Great work! I hope we see more :D
    Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie
  • Options
    edited September 29, 2007
    What I like about these are they feel fun and you have a lot of interaction between the people in the shots. It is interesting to look at, even for someone who does not know the couple. There are even unconventional shots like the cigar puff both in content (a bride with a cigar) and composition (not seeing the eyes) that I find add interest too. You definitely have an eye for photojournalistic wedding photography.

Refining your technique and lighting will go a long way toward helping you deliver high quality work, which is the case with everyone, but you don't have far to go. And a bit of experience there is all you really need and you have already gotten some good advice. Great work! I hope we see more :D

Shay~ you have no idea how much fun they were having. I have never been to a wedding like this one before. And i thought my own Wedding was fun! Thanks for your kind words.
    Nicole
    Shilliday Photography
    Blog
    Facebook