Replacing Photos

JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
edited September 25, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I just received a pretty good sized order. Order #385621 The client has ordered multiple prints (different sizes and crops) of the same image. Can I just replace the photo in the gallery and the retouched replaced version will be what is printed?

Thanks.

-Jim
Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos

Comments

• jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited September 25, 2007
    JimM wrote:
    I just received a pretty good sized order. Order #385621 The client has ordered multiple prints (different sizes and crops) of the same image. Can I just replace the photo in the gallery and the retouched replaced version will be what is printed?

Thanks.

-Jim

If you have proof delay on, you can just replace the photo with a retouched one and then release the order. That's exactly what proof delay is designed for.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    Yes I have it on. I just wasn't sure if I had to replace the file in the actual order or in the gallery. Gallery seemed to work fine.

Thanks.
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    JimM wrote:
    Yes I have it on. I just wasn't sure if I had to replace the file in the actual order or in the gallery. Gallery seemed to work fine.

Thanks.

You replace it in the gallery and then release the order when you're done replacing any images that you wanted to update. Here's Smugmug's help page on proof delay.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question