Options

72 resolution after noise ninja

dbaker1221dbaker1221 Registered Users Posts: 4,482 Major grins
edited September 27, 2007 in Finishing School
why does it save my pics at 72 resolution & how can I change it so it saves at the same resolution as when I put the photo in.:dunno
**If I keep shooting, I'm bound to hit something**
Dave

Comments

• Options
    gdpgdp Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
    edited September 26, 2007
    dbaker1221 wrote:
    why does it save my pics at 72 resolution & how can I change it so it saves at the same resolution as when I put the photo in.ne_nau.gif

do you have the trial (free) version of ninja? I seem to remember hearing that the trial versions of NN and Portraiture have lowered PPI to make you buy the full-version.

ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    claudermilkclaudermilk Registered Users Posts: 2,756 Major grins
    Remember that the resolution field is totally meaningless. Your PPI resolution is determined when you output to a physical form (screen or print) and is only dependent upon the size of the print and the pixel dimensions. So, for example if you have a 3000 pixel wide image, it's 750ppi for a 4" dimension, 500ppi for a 6" dimension, and 300ppi for a 10" dimension. What the resolution field says does not change this. I honestly don't know what it is set to in any of my files, and I don't care because it doesn't matter.
  • Options
    dbaker1221dbaker1221 Registered Users Posts: 4,482 Major grins
    Remember that the resolution field is totally meaningless. Your PPI resolution is determined when you output to a physical form (screen or print) and is only dependent upon the size of the print and the pixel dimensions. So, for example if you have a 3000 pixel wide image, it's 750ppi for a 4" dimension, 500ppi for a 6" dimension, and 300ppi for a 10" dimension. What the resolution field says does not change this. I honestly don't know what it is set to in any of my files, and I don't care because it doesn't matter.

Ok...I think I get it. so my Ps6 image saved at 4x6 366 resolution is the same as the noise ninja 20x30 72 resolution. right??

Thanks ....oh & I do have the stand alone version that I bought for like $36 or something like that.
    **If I keep shooting, I'm bound to hit something**
    Dave
  • Options
    claudermilkclaudermilk Registered Users Posts: 2,756 Major grins
    edited September 27, 2007
    Yes, a 4x6 @ 366ppi is 1464x2196 pixels, a 20x30 for those pixels comes out to 73.2ppi, close enough.