My first photo workshop

PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
edited September 26, 2007 in People
I attended my very 1st workshop, a Portrait Photography workshop with Jean-Francois O'Kane last weekend that one of our local photo shops held. I was scared to death having never attended a workshop like this, knowing squat about lighting and portrature etc. PLUS trying to manual focus my 85mm on my D40x. It was overwhelming initially but by the end I'd actually gotten the hang of setting custom WB and using Jean-Francois' 'Colour Balance Coach' gadget to set my exposure. It's pretty nifty.
There were 6 shoots set up from wedding to boudoir to outdoor. The studio lighting was something else including an 8ft diameter soft box. One of the models was body painted like a tiger - very cool. I tried my 85mm 1.8 on manual focus with my D40x and got a lot of out of focus that went in the cyberspace garbage but I was pretty happy with these.

P.S. My D50 arrived yesterday so now my primes are auto focus and I'm hopeful that my photos at my next round of Police concerts in November will be less noisy at high ISO. Now if I could just get Sting to hold that Colour Balance disk so I can set my exposure:rofl

StudioworkshopSyd.jpg

Here's the tiger
DSC_0398cropped.jpg
The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer
... I'm still peeling potatoes.

patti hinton photography