how to add more than one gallery to google analytics

casperonthewebcasperontheweb Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
edited September 26, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Hello Folks,

I have added google analytics, but when I attempt to add another gallery it does not track the previous gallery.

I think it has something to do with the pasting of the code at the bottom of the footer section. However, I do not know what to modify in order for it to work. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
casperontheweb :barb

Comments

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,339 moderator
    edited September 26, 2007
    I added Google Analytics at a site level - as in it's tracking denise.smugmug.com - so it tracks all of my galleries. (I wasn't even aware that there was a way to add it at a gallery level). I have one entry in my footer for Google Analytics, and it includes the code and account number that was generated when I added my smugmug site to my Google Analytics website profiles.

Then I use the Content menu selection at the left of the Google Analytics screen to look at the results for individual galleries.

--- Denise
  • casperonthewebcasperontheweb Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited September 26, 2007
    I added Google Analytics at a site level - as in it's tracking denise.smugmug.com - so it tracks all of my galleries. (I wasn't even aware that there was a way to add it at a gallery level). I have one entry in my footer for Google Analytics, and it includes the code and account number that was generated when I added my smugmug site to my Google Analytics website profiles.

Then I use the Content menu selection at the left of the Google Analytics screen to look at the results for individual galleries.

--- Denise

Hi Denise,

Okay, I see. Funny thing is that now it shows "Receiving data" for all the websites and galleries.

I think I will have to play around with it some more.

cheers,
    casperontheweb :barb