Portraits of James

Pixel PopperPixel Popper Registered Users Posts: 280 Major grins
edited September 29, 2007 in People
I spent a few days in Wisconsin recently and met this young man who is a friend of my brother. We were sitting around the house one evening and I had my camera, so I started taking some shots of everyone there. I thought this guy was particularly photogenic, and he didn't seem to mind being photographed, and better yet, he had absolutely no self consciousness in front of the camera, so I made a few images of him. What do you think?

CSC_0895.JPG

DSC_0882.JPG

CSC_0894.JPG

DSC_0850-1.JPG

CSC_0899.JPG

CSC_0901.JPG

CSC_0900.JPG

CSC_0902.JPG

Any and all comments and critiques are certainly welcomed and encouraged.

Comments

• Pixel PopperPixel Popper Registered Users Posts: 280 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2007
    So Sorry...
    I just realized that most of the images originally posted here were not showing up. I have re-linked to the originals and I believe they should be visible now. Let me know any comments you have. Also, please let me know if any of these shots cannot be seen on your terminal. Thanks!

-Howard
  • rusticrustic Registered Users Posts: 199 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2007
    Hey Pixel,

As with your wedding shots, I like the BWs in this set best. The red couch in the other ones makes for a bit of a distracting background, which I think makes them look a little more like "snapshots" than candid portraits. The BW conversion makes it a lot less distracting.

I don't seem to be able to see your EXIF, but maybe try opening up the lens a bit to decrease the DOF?
  • Pixel PopperPixel Popper Registered Users Posts: 280 Major grins
    edited September 29, 2007
    Thanks, rustic.

I took your advice and changed a few of these to the B&W conversion. It does make a lot of difference. Somehow I was thinking that the color of the couch complimented his skin tones, but if the couch was distracting, then the complimentary coloring is just moot.