Options

A few from a recent trip along the Oregon coast ...

ManticoreManticore Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
edited October 3, 2007 in Landscapes
We were traveling with another couple, so I couldn't stop as often or spend as much time in each place as I wanted. Here are some of what I think are the better shots, but I'm not completely finished processing all of them.

What do you think?

200815703-M.jpg

200817784-M.jpg

200817259-M.jpg

200816227-M.jpg
- Steve

D300S, MB10, Nikon 18-70, Nikon 70-200 2.8 VR, Tamron 90mm macro, Tokina 11-16 2.8, SB800

http://www.justastateofmind.com

Comments

• Options
    rusticrustic Registered Users Posts: 199 Major grins
    edited September 26, 2007
    Nice shots!

The Oregon Coast is such a beautiful place, those beaches are gigantic.

Looks like there were some pretty decent waves in that last shot!
  • Options
    OffTopicOffTopic Registered Users Posts: 521 Major grins
    edited September 26, 2007
    I've yet to make it to the coast of Oregon despite it being on my to-do list for years. The beaches look wonderful, but I really like that bridge over the waterfall - how cool is that?
  • Options
    edited September 28, 2007
    Lori, you owe it to yourself to make the trip. I think it's the most beautiful area I've ever seen. The beaches are awesome, and the surrounding mountains and forests are stunning as well. My wife and I got married in hotel overlooking the rock in the 2nd pic (Haystack Rock) and we just keep on going back.

Here are a few others from that trip.

200816947-M.jpg

200843280-M.jpg

200816562-M.jpg
    - Steve

D300S, MB10, Nikon 18-70, Nikon 70-200 2.8 VR, Tamron 90mm macro, Tokina 11-16 2.8, SB800

• Options
    ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited September 29, 2007
    These are beautiful! Multnomah Falls looks dreamy and the colors in the others are great and I really like how you captured the waves. I must say that 1 and 3 of your second set are my favorites though! I just love the layers of mountains and the water and rock formations (Haystack), both in B&W and color! clap.gif Heceta Head is lovely too!
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • Options
    nicoleshillidaynicoleshilliday Registered Users Posts: 549 Major grins
    These photos make me want to move out of upstate NY! I love the second picture. It took me a second to realize they were people next to the rock. Many times when i go on VK i come back and look at my pictures and i feel that they didn't give the area justice. These seem to do that and i will strive for that on my next trip. (Dominican Republic in November...Woo Hoo!)
    Nicole
    D3, and other Nikon goodies
    Shilliday Photography
    Blog
    Facebook
  • Options
    swintonphotoswintonphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,664 Major grins
    I have driven up the oregon coast once in my life - fabulous. here are a few of mine.
    99809711-M.jpg

99224258-M.jpg

99837396-M.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 1, 2007
    Nicole,

I lived in Albany and then Saratoga Springs for 12 years. Don't knock upstate NY! The Lake George are and Adirondacks make for some stunning photographs, too. I just needed to get away from the cold and snow.:D
    - Steve

• Options
    nicoleshillidaynicoleshilliday Registered Users Posts: 549 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2007
    Manticore wrote:
    Nicole,

I lived in Albany and then Saratoga Springs for 12 years. Don't knock upstate NY! The Lake George are and Adirondacks make for some stunning photographs, too. I just needed to get away from the cold and snow.:D

I have learned to like upstate (i am a jersey girl at heart iloveyou.gif). Was in Lake Placid last week...perfect time of year to take some photos!

Again, great job on your shots.
    Nicole
    D3, and other Nikon goodies
    Shilliday Photography
    Blog
    Facebook
  • Options
    kenlynekenlyne Registered Users Posts: 53 Big grins
    edited October 3, 2007
    Gorgeous Shots!! Hope to be able to visit there someday!