Page Number Problem

OffTopicOffTopic Registered Users Posts: 521 Major grins
edited September 27, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I think I broke something when I kept making changes trying to figure out how I wanted to set up and organize my galleries...now several of my galleries that have multiple pages of images are missing the Page Number navigation, and the only way to advance to the last page is to select the last thumbnail on a page and then select "Next", which is not intuitive.

I had been removing the breadcrumb on all of my galleries (although sometimes I forget, wish this could be a default setting), and don't know if maybe I did something that also removed the page nav? Some of the galleries have it, some don't.

Here is an example of one that doesn't http://www.careyphoto.com/gallery/3027339

This gallery is in journal style, but it's also happening in other styles. :scratch
Any ideas?

If I could just figure out how I wanted to organize things and stop playing around with everything, life would be a lot simpler!

TIA,

Lori

Comments

• jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited September 27, 2007
    OffTopic wrote:
    I think I broke something when I kept making changes trying to figure out how I wanted to set up and organize my galleries...now several of my galleries that have multiple pages of images are missing the Page Number navigation, and the only way to advance to the last page is to select the last thumbnail on a page and then select "Next", which is not intuitive.

I had been removing the breadcrumb on all of my galleries (although sometimes I forget, wish this could be a default setting), and don't know if maybe I did something that also removed the page nav? Some of the galleries have it, some don't.

Here is an example of one that doesn't http://www.careyphoto.com/gallery/3027339

This gallery is in journal style, but it's also happening in other styles. headscratch.gif
    Any ideas?

If I could just figure out how I wanted to organize things and stop playing around with everything, life would be a lot simpler!

TIA,

Lori

This line in your custom CSS is removing the page navigation from that gallery:

.gallery_3027339 .pageNav {display: none;}

Remove this line and page navigation returns to that gallery. You are also removing the page navigation from a whole bunch of other galleries in the lines right near this one.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • OffTopicOffTopic Registered Users Posts: 521 Major grins
    Thanks jfriend - I knew it would be something stupid and simple.

For some reason I thought that was to remove the breadcrumb...but that's what happens when you start something, and then don't pick it back up again until weeks/months later and try to go by memory. eek7.gif

Some day I'll get the hang of this....or go crazy trying! :D
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    OffTopic wrote:
    Thanks jfriend - I knew it would be something stupid and simple.

For some reason I thought that was to remove the breadcrumb...but that's what happens when you start something, and then don't pick it back up again until weeks/months later and try to go by memory. eek7.gif

Some day I'll get the hang of this....or go crazy trying! :D

Next time you can debug it yourself by just disabling pieces of your CSS one at a time until you find the one that makes it come back. I do that my just putting an x in front of the identifier for each CSS rule. Add an x to the first set of rules, try your page, add an x to the next set of rules, try your page until you see the item come back in your page and then you'll know which CSS is causing it to go away.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • OffTopicOffTopic Registered Users Posts: 521 Major grins
    Hmmm, okaaay...hehehe. I am slightly knowledgeable about html, but honestly don't know the first thing about CSS other than what I've been able to pick up here, so I'm a cut-and-paste kind of gal. rolleyes1.gif I'm trying to get some kind of grasp through the tutorials here, but I really need to sit down and develop some sort of foundation so I understand the hows and whys better, not just the how-to's. I'm one of those people who get really frustrated when I don't understand the theory behind something.

Thanks for tip on debugging, I'll put it to use, and at least next time I come running to the forums for help I'll be able to at least pinpoint where I think the problem is before asking how to fix it. :D