My 3 year old

shiningstarsshiningstars Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
edited September 29, 2007 in People
I took my kids portraits last week but my 3 year old BOY would not sit or smile. He gave that wonderful snarel/ growl for a smile. So a few days later he was playing in the backyard with his trucks and I thought- what a great picture of a boy, A boy and his Toys! I like this one. But please critique me...I really want to get better and only honesty will challenge me to do better. BTW, this is my first picture post!
? How do you post more than one picture in a thread.

Comments

• SpeedieSpeedie Registered Users Posts: 173 Major grins
    edited September 27, 2007
    Nice capture - I like the way the sun is tracing around his hat.

You can only post one photo as an attachment. To post more than one you need to link to the original shots in your gallery - see here.
  • shiningstarsshiningstars Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited September 28, 2007
    Thanks for the help and thanks for the input on my picture.
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    Hi Darlene,

I like this shot. It is not always easy to get the light right when someone is wearing a hat, but you did well. I would consider a square crop...a little less background and truck might be helpful. Looking forward to seeing more of your stuff.

Cheers,
  • shiningstarsshiningstars Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    Richard,
    Thanks for the input! I see what you mean! (I would consider a square crop...a little less background and truck might be helpful.)
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited September 29, 2007
    I would actually like to see the whole truck. I think there is a story in this shot and I would understand it better if I could see that environment that he is builing in. Also, his feet and hands ought to be in the frame if you are including this much of the little guy. I see one foot, and one hand, let me see the others.

Nice exposure.....backlight is tough to master, and tough to beat!!!