Options

Ballooning

ShakeyShakey Registered Users Posts: 1,004 Major grins
edited March 3, 2005 in Holy Macro
I was doing my daily drive through the park in search of old wiley coyote (now I that I have some long glass he is nowhere to be seen:dunno ) when I saw this. I put the long glass away and stuck on a stubby and then my kit lens for some wider views.
50mm f1.8 and the 18-55 kit.

And with a long colorless cold winter almost behind us here in the great white north I decided it was time for a color infusion.

16785246-L.jpg

With a clear blue Alberta sky as a backdrop I was liking the colors.

16785248-M.jpg

The gentlemen setting the balloon up did not mind me taking pictures of them.
16785253-L.jpg
16785250-M.jpg

16785258-M.jpg

Before you know it he was on his way.

16785262-L.jpg

A nice day to go Ballooning . And a chance for me to break away from the bleakness of early march.

Cheers
Tim

Comments

• Options
    4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2005
    The colors are really beautiful!. I am so sick of our winter, send those balloons our way. Thnxs for sharing these are great!
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited March 2, 2005
    Very cool. I especially like #1 - the scale difference between man and balloon is fun.
  • Options
    John MuellerJohn Mueller Registered Users Posts: 2,555 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2005
    That last one is fantasticthumb.gif
    Wish it was all in frame though.
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2005
    Great colour & angles thumb.gif 1st one is brillient.
  • Options
    CMasterCMaster Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
    edited March 2, 2005
    Oh my, that first one is excellent! I like the composition on that one thumb.gif
    -- Paul (pmack.smugmug.com)
  • Options
    TristanPTristanP Registered Users Posts: 1,107 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2005
    Love the colors, especially the first one.
    panekfamily.smugmug.com (personal)
    tristansphotography.com (motorsports)

Canon 20D | 10-22 | 17-85 IS | 50/1.4 | 70-300 IS | 100/2.8 macro
    Sony F717 | Hoya R72
  • Options
    DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2005
    Fantastic!
    Shakey wrote:

16785246-M.jpg

Sure beats feeding pigeons!
    pigeonsafficher_image.gif

It's so great that you have the man in there for scale, and certainly this is a very unique photo! Good job! clap.gifclap.gif
  • Options
    Tim KirkwoodTim Kirkwood Registered Users Posts: 900 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2005
    Very cool!

What I find the most interesting is the last shot. I have never seen a ballon with a chair instead of a basket. I can only imagine the rush you would get from this setup.

Very fun ballon also. I worked in the National HotAir Ballon championships here in Middletown Ohio for several years and saw some neat ballons. The crew that I was apart of was for the U.S. Navy. We had a great time helping get the thing in the air following them on the ground and then packing it up then DINNER! At the end of the week long events we got paid with a free ride! It was alot of family fun.

Thanks for bringing back some fun family memories!

Tim
    www.KirkwoodPhotography.com

Speak with sweet words, for you never know when you may have to eat them....
  • Options
    edited March 3, 2005
    MHJS wrote:
    That last one is fantasticthumb.gif
    Wish it was all in frame though.
    Stupid me ... in my haste to post these I screwed up and processed the wrong picture I have a full frame one with the pilot looking down at me. Doh!
    Thanks for the nice comment.:D

Tim
  • Options
    edited March 3, 2005
    Gus ,4labs ,Angelo thanks for looking and commenting when I saw this I knew in my minds eye it would be a cool one. Thankfully it came out similar to what I envisioned.
    CmMster TristanP and Dee many thanks ,your comments are very much appreciated.

Tim
  • Options
    edited March 3, 2005
    Very cool!

What I find the most interesting is the last shot. I have never seen a ballon with a chair instead of a basket. I can only imagine the rush you would get from this setup.

Very fun ballon also. I worked in the National HotAir Ballon championships here in Middletown Ohio for several years and saw some neat ballons. The crew that I was apart of was for the U.S. Navy. We had a great time helping get the thing in the air following them on the ground and then packing it up then DINNER! At the end of the week long events we got paid with a free ride! It was alot of family fun.

Thanks for bringing back some fun family memories!

Tim
    Hey I am glad you enjoyed them. The pilot was an old hand at balloon flight but this harness seat was his inagural flight. The balloon is not as big as basket balloons and carries only one tank good for 45 min-1hr flight.
    It sure looked like one heck of a Adren Rush.

Tim
  • Options
    Red BullRed Bull Registered Users Posts: 719 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2005
    I love the color in those first photos. The first one really shows how big the balloon is. I've always wanted to go for a balloon ride, but I've never seen one with a seat either!eek7.gif
    -Steven

http://redbull.smugmug.com

"Money can't buy happiness...But it can buy expensive posessions that make other people envious, and that feels just as good.":D

Canon 20D, Canon 50 1.8 II, Canon 70-200 f/4L, Canon 17-40 f/4 L, Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro, Canon 430ex.
  • Options
    gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2005
    Excellent shots Shakey, wonderful cokours lines and shapes! Did you go up in one?? That looks like it'd be an amazing experience!
  • Options
    NirNir Registered Users Posts: 1,400 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2005
    Great shots Tim! Love the 1st!

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited March 3, 2005
    shakey - that first one is the challenge winner. hands down. Awesome shot, composition, color. Perfect! thumb.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,911 moderator
    edited March 3, 2005
    My fave is the first, the smiley face. I've never seen a balloon strapped
    to a chair before.

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?