Help..Andy or Rich

Aaron JorsAaron Jors Registered Users Posts: 470 Major grins
edited September 30, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Im currently having some internal trouble with my site. I have a category called Website Information which contains my galleries for the About Me, Guestbook and Contact Pages.

My trouble is with the Contact Gallery and the fact that when I go to edit the description to enter in html code I am not able to Save or Cancel. Essentially I am stuck with whats in there right now and have no way to change it. The only way I can get the edit box is to refresh the page.

Everything was working fine earlier tonight and things went array while I was working on my contact page.

What can I do to fix this?

Comments

• Aaron JorsAaron Jors Registered Users Posts: 470 Major grins
    edited September 27, 2007
    I think I've solved the problem not sure how but it's fixed. I was trying to add an email for from EmailMeForm when this happened. Is using EmailMeFrom a bad feature to use or?

Ok so I added in the the form again using html and everything worked ok then after I saved what I put in and refresh the page I again lost the Save and Cancel options. In order to remove the text in the gallery description I have to click on the image in that gallery and there is a small edit button in the bottom right corner which allows me to edit the description again.

Not sure why this happens any ideas?
  • scwalterscwalter Registered Users Posts: 417 Major grins
    Aaron Jors wrote:

Are you wrapping all that code in html tags? My guess is that there is an unclosed tag or something similar that is preventing the stuff after it from loading properly.

You can also get to the album description by choosing customize from the gallery menu.
    Scott Walter Photography
    scwalter.smugmug.com
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    Hi Aaron, just wanted to let you know that Andy is away this week. I'm sure one of the others in this forum will be able to help you, but don't gather any hard feelings towards the big A-man because of the lack of his usual speedy replies.
    :D
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2007
    Aaron Jors wrote:
    I think I've solved the problem not sure how but it's fixed. I was trying to add an email for from EmailMeForm when this happened. Is using EmailMeFrom a bad feature to use or?

Ok so I added in the the form again using html and everything worked ok then after I saved what I put in and refresh the page I again lost the Save and Cancel options. In order to remove the text in the gallery description I have to click on the image in that gallery and there is a small edit button in the bottom right corner which allows me to edit the description again.

My guess is that you've got an unclosed tag. I'm diving in to see...

Yup you were missing a bunch of closing tags. That will make things go wonky every time. <textarea> needs </textarea>, <td> needs </td>, <tr> needs </tr>, <table> needs </table>, and <html> needs </html>.

I fixed you up. Take a look at it and compare it to what you had in there which was this:
    <html>
    <form method="post" action="http://www.emailmeform.com/fid.php?formid=17882">
    <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=FCode VALUE="j9edayg8">

<table cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" border="0" bgcolor="#181818">
    <tr>
    <td>
    <font face="Verdana" size="2" color="#999999"></font>
     <div style="" id="mainmsg"> </div>

</td>
    </tr>
    </table>

<br>

<table cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" border="0" bgcolor="#181818">

<tr valign="top">
     <td nowrap><font face="Verdana" size="2" color="#999999">Your Name</font></td>
     <td>
    <input type="text" name="FieldData0" value="" maxlength="100" size="40"> </td>
    </tr>      

<tr valign="top">
     <td nowrap><font face="Verdana" size="2" color="#999999">Your Email</font></td>
     <td>
    <input type="text" name="FieldData1" value="" maxlength="100" size="40"> </td>
    </tr>      

<tr valign="top">
     <td nowrap><font face="Verdana" size="2" color="#999999">Subject</font></td>
     <td>
    <input type="text" name="FieldData2" value="" maxlength="100" size="40"> </td>
    </tr>      

<tr valign="top">
     <td nowrap><font face="Verdana" size="2" color="#999999">Message</font></td>
     <td>
    <textarea name="FieldData3" cols="40" rows="10">

Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
  • Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited September 30, 2007
    There is something crazy weird going on with that code of yours. Where did you get it? I probably won't be able to help much since I'm leaving for a week so maybe I can help you get things figured out when I get back. For now, I would say you should avoid that code like the plague.
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
  • Aaron JorsAaron Jors Registered Users Posts: 470 Major grins
    edited September 30, 2007
    Mike the code is from EmailMeForm after you create the template they give you an option to click on get html code. That is where it is from.