Help with Name Servers

RikkiRikki Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
edited September 30, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Sorry newbie here. I had just gone through the process of transferring my domain (www.rdy-liacco.com) to GoDaddy. However, the name servers are still pointing to the old host. When I called GoDaddy, they told me that I can manually change the name server to whomever is hosting my site. Where can I find SmugMug's name servers?

Thanks.

My current page is rdy-liacco.smugmug.com

Rikki

ETA: I am currently redirecting my site here.

Comments

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,339 moderator
    edited September 28, 2007
    Rikki wrote:
    Sorry newbie here. I had just gone through the process of transferring my domain (www.rdy-liacco.com) to GoDaddy. However, the name servers are still pointing to the old host. When I called GoDaddy, they told me that I can manually change the name server to whomever is hosting my site. Where can I find SmugMug's name servers?

Thanks.

My current page is rdy-liacco.smugmug.com

Rikki

ETA: I am currently redirecting my site here.
    Instructions for setting up a CNAME to point to smugmug can be found on this page: http://www.smugmug.com/help/professional-accounts.

--- Denise
  • RikkiRikki Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    I know I checked already but it doesn't show the same screen as this one. I tried using my rdy-liacco.smugmug.com as a Name Server and it gives me an error.

headscratch.gif
  • SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
    Hey Rikki,

I did the same thing. They need to update the documenation on settingup/changing CNAME on SumgMug.

Follow this path to sucessmwink.gif
    Controll panel>settings
    then click on the "domain" link (second link from the bottom)

Do me a favor and please make this request to the SmugMug team. THis will be your way of paying it forward on this tip:D

All the best,
    -Jon
    SloYerRoll wrote:
    Hey Rikki,

I did the same thing. They need to update the documenation on settingup/changing CNAME on SumgMug.

Follow this path to sucessmwink.gif
    Controll panel>settings
    then click on the "domain" link (second link from the bottom)

Do me a favor and please make this request to the SmugMug team. THis will be your way of paying it forward on this tip:D

All the best,
    -Jon

Hey Jon-

Still doesn't work ne_nau.gif

I'll contact the SM team. Well at least I forwarded the domain from my old hosting site. Bummer I can't get it to work.
  • SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
    Rikki wrote:
    Hey Jon-

Still doesn't work ne_nau.gif

I'll contact the SM team. Well at least I forwarded the domain from my old hosting site. Bummer I can't get it to work.
    Sorry, I thought you were asking something diferent. Good luck! I'm having CNAME problems too and the SM team is helping me out.

SPeaking of that. Checking my email.....
    edited September 29, 2007
    Help. Still lost here :cry
  • richWrichW Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited September 29, 2007
    You don't need to worry about name servers and SmugMug. All you need to do is the cname and the A-Record if needed. If you are not going to have another website using your domain name, use the "default" goDaddy name servers. I've attached a screen grab of the goDaddy control panel to show your where to select the default name servers.

I ran a DNS check on www.rdy-liacco.com you have the cname pointing to rdy-liacco.com It needs to point to www.smugmug.com

Adjust your goDaddy settings for your cname and that should take care of your problems. http://www.smugmug.com/help/godaddy.mg

goDaddy.jpg
    edited September 30, 2007
    Rich! You got it to work! Sweet! Thanks everyone!thumb.gif