Options

Moody Street Explosion

ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
edited March 2, 2005 in Street and Documentary
There were a couple of distinct bangs and the poer went out in our Moody St office in Waltham, MA. Quite a scene out the window:

16787775-L.jpg

It was clearly the end of work, at least for a while, so I went down to see what was going on. I wasn't the only one.

16787927-L.jpg

16787949-L.jpg

Turns out there was an underground explosion, which blew the manhole cover and started a fire.

16788043-L.jpg

16788135-L.jpg

I hope we get our power back by tomorrow. Doesn't look too great, does it?
If not now, when?

Comments

• Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2005
    Interesting photos. Yes, can't compute without power. I like looking at the little photographer in the shot from the window.

And since I have been trying to get shots showing emotion for the challenge, it strikes me how little emotion actually shows in adult's faces even during an emergency situation. Or bad situation, whatever you want to call it, as American adults, we do not show much emotion

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    BridgeCityBridgeCity Registered Users Posts: 338 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2005
    Just another day on the job I guess. I enjoy the lines in the first picture, following the hose out of the truck, off the page, and back on. Fun indeed :D

ginger_55 wrote:
    Interesting photos. Yes, can't compute without power. I like looking at the little photographer in the shot from the window.

And since I have been trying to get shots showing emotion for the challenge, it strikes me how little emotion actually shows in adult's faces even during an emergency situation. Or bad situation, whatever you want to call it, as American adults, we do not show much emotion

ginger