Senior Portraits - Fixed??

anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
edited September 28, 2007 in People
I posted a senior shoot few days ago and it was pointed out that my photos appeared quite red.

I believe I got them fixed- any thoughts?
200869564-L-1.jpg
200887113-L-1.jpg
200890232-L-1.jpg
200898681-L-1.jpg
200900493-L-1.jpg
200901545-L-1.jpg
200901008-L-1.jpg

The mom was happy when I sent her the link. :whew
"The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion

Comments

• saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2007
    Hi Aaron! These are nice! If you go by the numbers, you still have some room to play. I think #2 and #4 could still stand a slight warming. I boosted yellow just a bit. It makes the entire photo slightly warmer (notice the pleasing warmer walls). I tried to keep in mind she is a red-head and tends towards pinker skin. But she still seemed too pink to me in #2 and 4. I use the tutorial on Dgrin for skin. These look good on my monitor and I recently got some prints back that were dead-on so I think my calibration is good! (Who knows for sure! eek7.gif ) I think she will be happy with these even if you didn't make final adjustments, but generally warmer is better for skin.

2. Original version
    200887113-L-1.jpg

my version:
    201385303-L.jpg

4. Original version
    200898681-L-1.jpg

my version:
    201385294-L.jpg
  • anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2007
    saurora wrote:
    Hi Aaron! These are nice! If you go by the numbers, you still have some room to play. I think #2 and #4 could still stand a slight warming. I boosted yellow just a bit. It makes the entire photo slightly warmer (notice the pleasing warmer walls). I tried to keep in mind she is a red-head and tends towards pinker skin. But she still seemed too pink to me in #2 and 4. I use the tutorial on Dgrin for skin. These look good on my monitor and I recently got some prints back that were dead-on so I think my calibration is good! (Who knows for sure! eek7.gif ) I think she will be happy with these even if you didn't make final adjustments, but generally warmer is better for skin.

Thanks for the comments and the examples-
    I guess it comes to personal preference on the fine tuning.
    For me your example of #2 is a too yellow in the face and other parts of the picture loose or change overall feel. I.E. I like the wall tone in your example of number 4 but the bench in my version. ne_nau.gif

I'll see what the customer thinks. Thanks again
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion