Options

Ingleton Falls Series One

Paul IddonPaul Iddon Registered Users Posts: 5,129 Major grins
edited September 29, 2007 in Journeys
Hi folks..

This Series is some of the less recognisable views taken from my day out on Thursday to Ingleton in North Yorkshire, including general water close-up images, and the interesting stuff that caught my eye as I stumbled around 4 1/2 miles of strenuous walking terrain that I am sure some of you will have done too.

So here goes:

These first ones are of the tumbling water on the River Doe and the River Twiss, close up views of the rocks in the river beds:

fallsend02.jpg

fallsend03.jpg

fallsend01.jpg

fallsstart01a.jpg

fallsstart02.jpg

Some of the scenery is (well all of it really...) quite spectacular, and a world apart of what is around Preston.

Looking back down the valley from the top of the Force (more later in the separate thread):

valley.jpg

As you can see, the clouds were not helping and the light was often flat, with just occasional blue amongst them. Alas, the better weather evaded me but at least it never rained.

Some of the abstract stuff, that you know I like to do next. These tree stumps caught my eye early in the walk...

tressstumps.jpg

I think this is some sort of anenome or something, growing up in the niche of the valley walls:

fallsabstract05.jpg

There were thousands of leaves on the woodland floor. This one was particularly striking in its composition I thought...

fallsabstract04.jpg

And this sawn tree stump has more than likely been hewn decades ago... The moss looked splendid in the filtering light breaking through the canopy...

fallsabstract03.jpg

Finally, a few arty images to wrap up part one.

Two of the features I found above the rapidly moving water (and believe me, the water was flowing hard and fast!)...

fallsabstract02.jpg

fallsabstract01.jpg

Last but by no means least, a souvenir I took home for my daughter (hope I don't get prosecuted for stealing)...

A piece of Yorkshire Slate.

yorkshireslatenamed.jpg

There ends the opening instalment. I hope you enjoyed the images, and later I'll upload the waterfall images in all their splendour.

Paul.

Link to my personal website: http://www.pauliddon.co.uk

Comments

• Options
    jdmphotojdmphoto Registered Users Posts: 159 Major grins
    edited September 29, 2007
    Good workthumb.gif Although there were a couple pictures I didn't care for I thought most of them were very nice.
    See my photo's athttp://jdmphoto.smugmug.com/

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.