Options

resize batch for smug mug

pickettypicketty Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited September 30, 2007 in Finishing School
If i "resize for web" in CS my images are a tad too blurry when i load them to my smug mug gallery.Please tell me the quickest way to suitably resize pictures for web
viewing using PShop CS. I find that if I use their web sized images option they re a bit blurry. I could percentage the batch....originals
would be 2304X3456 and over 2 mps. I want to quickly upload a batch but retain with optimum viewing quality.
:dunno

Comments

• Options
    digismiledigismile Registered Users Posts: 955 Major grins
    edited September 29, 2007
    In CS2 & CS3, there is a batch processor builit in, but for CS, you need to go to this web page and download Russell Brown's Image Processor v2.3.

FYI, Rusell Brown is one of the programing gurus at Adobe.

With this little app, you can run it from bridge or in Photoshop, where you select a file or group of files that you can resize, run an action, save as multiple file types etc.

In the resize boxes, put in the length of your desired longest edge e.g. 1800 into both the width and the length boxes. This means that regardless of orientation, the longest side will be 1800 pixels.

Be sure to check the box for sRGB.
  • Options
    HallidayHalliday Registered Users Posts: 149 Major grins
    edited September 30, 2007
    FastStone Image Viewer has a nice batching system that I like. It lets you resize to common sizes and combine sharpning and watermarking.
    www.lanceshuey.com

I won't sell out even if the whole world think's I'm crazy.