Friday Night Lights!!!

jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
edited October 2, 2007 in People
Well, I was in my regular spot tonight. This is a GREAT way to end a week of work. We won 24-zip, and are 4-1. I was approached before the game by a middle school coach to come to a game Sunday afternoon and get some shots of his team. I explained that I am set up for portraits, and not sports, but that I would be willing to try. Me wishes me had a longer lens.
UPDATE.....
Here is a link to the photos from Sunday.......http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?p=648059#post648059
UPDATE.....

Here are my faves from tonight. Geaux Wildcats!!!

1. Eighty-Three

201610725-L.jpg

2. Single File

201610166-L.jpg

3. Band Stand

201610236-L.jpg

4. Major Grins (couldn't help myself!)

201610312-M.jpg

5. In God We Trust

201611073-M.jpg

6.Dance Fever

201610994-M.jpg

7. Bring it On!!

201611155-M.jpg

Comments

• wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited September 29, 2007
    Nice job!
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    wxwax wrote:
    Nice job!

Thank you very much!!!
  • rosselliotrosselliot Registered Users Posts: 702 Major grins
    These are awesome! great job!

- Ross
    www.rossfrazier.com
    www.rossfrazier.com
    www.rossfrazier.com/blog

My Equipment:
    Canon EOS 5D w/ battery grip
    Backup Canon EOS 30D | Canon 28 f/1.8 | Canon 24 f/1.4L Canon 50mm f/1.4 | Sigma 50mm f/2.8 EX DI Macro | Canon 70-200 F/2.8 L | Canon 580 EX II Flash and Canon 550 EX Flash
    Apple MacBook Pro with dual 24" monitors
    Domke F-802 bag and a Shootsac by Jessica Claire
    Infiniti QX4
  • Cuties02qCuties02q Registered Users Posts: 643 Major grins
    Very...very nice shots!!!
    Part time photographer...Full time mommy :D

My equiment: Nikon D50, Nikon D300, SB-600, 30mm 1.4, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 70-200mm 2.8

WEBSITE
    BLOG
    rosselliot wrote:
    These are awesome! great job!

- Ross
    www.rossfrazier.com

Thanks Ross,

I had the opportunity to visit your site a few weeks ago. Super nice website.
  • DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
    Great shots. What fun! I wish you well on the game Sunday afternoon.
  • urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited September 30, 2007
    WOW Jeffreaux! these are phenomenal.

#5 is so breathtaking and emotional. I would submit this one to the local paper if I were you!

And #6 is so unexpected. Stunning, beautiful, intense! Great seeing on that one.

These all with the 85mm 1.8? They let you get really close, huh? that's awesome!
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
    urbanaries wrote:
    WOW Jeffreaux! these are phenomenal.

#5 is so breathtaking and emotional. I would submit this one to the local paper if I were you!

And #6 is so unexpected. Stunning, beautiful, intense! Great seeing on that one.

These all with the 85mm 1.8? They let you get really close, huh? that's awesome!

The guy in 5 played tennis with my daughter last year, and I just found out last week that he is the son of a good friend. Small world. Unfortunately, I usually shoot jpeg only at FBall games, and had to over push the exposure to get his eyes under that hat to show up....the red kinda sucks too. My PP was quick and dirty, and I may be able to do something better later. It was also hot so he had sweat on his cheeks.

6.....well pregame two of the boys were praying, one who used to date my oldest daughter. I still photograph him and send them to his parents. It could have been a better shot ......IF....I had either had room, or a wider lens on.

YES all taken with the 85 1.8 it is a terrific piece of glass. I get in close. These were either taken on the sideline, or in a couple cases from the field itself pregame. Nothing can replace getting close and personal with the action!!!

I have actually been waiting patiently for number 3. I saw it a few weeks ago, but there is usually an arial lift...or manlift parked at the end of the field behind where they are standing which would have also thrown a distracting TV cameraman into the silouette behind them in the distance. No lift Friday night, so I was able to get my shot!!!

I just got finished testing an old lens I borrowed from my dad. It is a 100-200mm F4.5 zoom that at least in my testing kept up a good sharp focus as my daughter walked fairly quickly toward me. Hopefully I can get some good action shots for my friend at his son's game today. Wish me luck!!!

Thanks for commenting Lynne.
    DavidS wrote:
    Great shots. What fun! I wish you well on the game Sunday afternoon.

Thanks I will need it........sports isn't really my cup of tea.
  • noniladynonilady Registered Users Posts: 204 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2007
    all of them are excellent shots jeff, well done.

each pic you captured details out the different tales of its own, the vibes and the energy of that special day.

very well done!

thumb.gifthumbthumb.gif
    Nonilady
    long way to go but getting there:D:ivar:lynnma
    edited October 2, 2007
    nonilady wrote:
    all of them are excellent shots jeff, well done.

each pic you captured details out the different tales of its own, the vibes and the energy of that special day.

very well done!

thumb.gifthumbthumb.gif

Well thank you!! I like to think that once in a while I can pull off a storyteller photo, and I definately appreciate your comments.
    edited October 2, 2007