LPS-13 Too many options

TPBinKCTPBinKC Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
edited September 29, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
I am stuck, I can not decide which one to enter. Any feedback will be appreciated.

Hazy Day in Watercolor
200956564-L.jpg

River Shimmer
200950617-L.jpg

Leaving the Plaza
201598855-L.jpg

Bell Tower
201613266-L.jpg

Which one should I enter? 15 votes

Sailboat
0% 0 votes
River Shimmer
6% 1 vote
Road
0% 0 votes
Bell Tower
86% 13 votes
Look for something else
6% 1 vote

Comments

• FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited September 29, 2007
    I voted for 4. The first one is interesting, but the treatment draws attention to itself and away from the idea of light. The second seems primarily to be a silhouette - the shadow is small in the frame and not what draws the eye or informs the overall impact of the photograph. The third is OK but I'm not drawn to look at it for any length of time. The last is the strongest on theme. You might try for a more compelling title - without using "light" of course!! I'm not coming up with anything to suggest, though. Maybe you can convey what the light in the picture conveys to you - why the photo is compelling or meaningful to you. ne_nau.gif

Just my $.02 worth, which with inflation is not worth much at all. rolleyes1.gif

Good luck!!

Virginia

Email
  • TPBinKCTPBinKC Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
    edited September 29, 2007
    Flyinggina wrote:
    I voted for 4. The first one is interesting, but the treatment draws attention to itself and away from the idea of light. The second seems primarily to be a silhouette - the shadow is small in the frame and not what draws the eye or informs the overall impact of the photograph. The third is OK but I'm not drawn to look at it for any length of time. The last is the strongest on theme. You might try for a more compelling title - without using "light" of course!! I'm not coming up with anything to suggest, though. Maybe you can convey what the light in the picture conveys to you - why the photo is compelling or meaningful to you. ne_nau.gif

Just my $.02 worth, which with inflation is not worth much at all. rolleyes1.gif

Good luck!!

Virginia

Thank you. The tower or one of the photos in that group seems to be the one that most people have liked best. I am working on a better title for it, just needed to give it something for the moment.

Unfortunately I keep going to the first one. Most people do not believe it, but I have done more work on the tower photo than the sailboat. I cropped it way down, gave it a couple of small filter adjustmant in Elements (was already looking distorted).

Thank you again for your feedback.