Options

Ingleton Falls Series Two (Long thread)

Paul IddonPaul Iddon Registered Users Posts: 5,129 Major grins
edited October 3, 2007 in Journeys
Hello again.

These are the waterfall images from the gambol around the Ingleton Falls Walk.

I still feel exhausted just looking at them again!

Shown in the order you would see them if you enter the walk by the church in the village to end up at the car park & picnic area (the best route I think)...

The waters were incredibly fast and rapid, and with the light levels low and the occasional use of a polariser, there are no "frozen" images of the waters' path.

This Snow Falls. Possibly the least impressive of the four, being the lowest in the series.

snow03.jpg

snowfalls.jpg

snow01.jpg

breezy03.jpg

As you approach the famous caves, you pass the Breezy falls - quite a splendid sight when it is full flow, as it clearly is this autumn.

breezy04.jpg

breezy01.jpg

breezy05.jpg

breezy06.jpg

The next a pano of 3 images stitched together:

breezypano.jpg

Across the hills to the top of the walk where it is wild and woolly (there was an ice cream van there, and by golly did I need something to cool me down - I was sweating like billy-o by then!

The top most waterfall is of course Thornton Force, which apparantly (according to a local I was chatting to, froze over around 20 years ago!

This was the only time on the whole walk where the blue skies put in appearance - and you'll have to put up with CA, because my PS skills are not good enough to remove it without botching the whole scene...

force01.jpg

force04.jpg

force03.jpg

force05.jpg

force06.jpg

It is here that most people tend to stop for a breather and some lunch. You will see a few people in these images. There was a class of a round 30 school children on an outing (and at least 6 of them had Canon Powershot's, bless their little cotton socks...) but I didn't put them in any of the frames.

Finally, the Pecca Falls, in the similarly named Pecca Glen.. :)

For me, this is probably the best of the falls anyway, with amazing scurries of water in amongst the rocks.

pecca01.jpg

pecca03.jpg

pecca02.jpg

pecca04.jpg

pecca09.jpg

pecca10.jpg

pecca05.jpg

pecca06.jpg

pecca07.jpg

Back at the car park, it was time for a well earned sit down before the 40 mile drive home. But for me, it was a wonderful day out, no wife and kid to pester me every time I stopped to take a photograph.

Sorry for the long thread again folks. Hopefully, you've persevered and enjoyed the views.

Paul.

Link to my personal website: http://www.pauliddon.co.uk

Comments

• Options
    DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2007
    Beautiful waterfalls. I enjoyed the pictures and the story.
  • Options
    CuongCuong Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2007
    An amazing series of waterfalls with dramatic color contrasts.thumb.gif I've never seen waterfall pics with colored water like these. Thank you for sharing.

Cuong
    "She Was a Little Taste of Heaven – And a One-Way Ticket to Hell!" - Max Phillips
  • Options
    Paul IddonPaul Iddon Registered Users Posts: 5,129 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2007
    You are welcome.

Link to my personal website: http://www.pauliddon.co.uk