Lightbeams

Gary GlassGary Glass Registered Users Posts: 744 Major grins
edited September 30, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
Here's the photo I would enter if only I hadn't taken it the day BEFORE the contest started! I thought I'd share it anyway.

201773030-L.jpg

It even has a 10:4 pano crop!!

I'm going to the Virginia State Fair tonight to work on my "Scary Carnival" project some more. Maybe I'll get some "light or shadow" stuff too. If so, I'll post here. Wish me luck.

Comments

• rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited September 29, 2007
    Good luck Gary...

I feel confident you'll come back with something great thumb.gif
    Randy
  • LiquidAirLiquidAir Registered Users Posts: 1,751 Major grins
    edited September 30, 2007
    I hear you. I shot this while working on LPS 12. It was taken two days early. I suppose I could have reshot it, but where is the fun in that?

Stars in the Heavens
    201993944-O.jpg
  • Gary GlassGary Glass Registered Users Posts: 744 Major grins
    edited September 30, 2007
    Wow that thing makes me dizzy!

My fair trip was a total bust! The line in front of the ticket booth was about a block long, there must have been a thousand people queued up. Of 11 booths available, they had 4 open. We were in line for an hour before we finally got to the gate, at which time the sun was just setting. I brought my tripod with me, but the place was so jammed with people I didn't think I'd be able to set it up, or if I did get a usable shot. So after an hour in line, we just turned around and walked away! And we dropped $15 on a parking spot too.

Good for the soul I guess.

I think I'll contact the fair people and tell them what I'm doing. Maybe they'd let me in before opening time to take some shots next weekend.