Oh My..

4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
edited March 2, 2005 in People
16790741-M.jpgcomments/critique apreciated

Comments

• AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited March 2, 2005
    oh she's adorable!

ok, let's see.... is that a pirate hat? would've loved to see more of it.
    is it a little dark?
  • 4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2005
    16794816-M.jpgThnxs for taking the time Angelo I had this one already but posted the wrong copy, as for the hat it had a bunch of feathers and I found it distracting.
  • dkappdkapp Registered Users Posts: 985 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2005
    4labs wrote:
    16794816-M.jpgThnxs for taking the time Angelo I had this one already but posted the wrong copy, as for the hat it had a bunch of feathers and I found it distracting.

Great capture & expression. I can see what your talking about w/ the hat. It could be very distracting if you want to focus on the face & expression. This is something I've been working on a lot lately. I find myself asking "am I showing them what I want them to see?" & the reason for my latest post :)

Dave
    edited March 2, 2005
    dkapp wrote:
    Great capture & expression. I can see what your talking about w/ the hat. It could be very distracting if you want to focus on the face & expression. This is something I've been working on a lot lately. I find myself asking "am I showing them what I want them to see?" & the reason for my latest post :)

Dave
    Thnxs Dave I apeciate the kind words.. I hope to get to that point..right now I am just as happy getting exposure right. I can't wait for it to be second nature so I can relax and think more about the composition.. Baby steps I guess.
    edited March 2, 2005
    4labs wrote:
    Thnxs Dave I apeciate the kind words.. I hope to get to that point..right now I am just as happy getting exposure right. I can't wait for it to be second nature so I can relax and think more about the composition.. Baby steps I guess.

I think the D2X will definitely help with getting the exposure nailed. Its a much more sophisticated system for both metering & focusing. You'll be able to let the camera do its job while you do yours. It will be a noticeable improvement over the D100.

Any ETA on the new toy?

Dave
    edited March 2, 2005
    dkapp wrote:
    Any ETA on the new toy?
    Well so far Adorama shipped 25 and they said I "should in the next batch" that doesn't help much.. There is a local shop on LI that put them up for auction they are already going for 1000 over msrp.. I am not good enough nor do I need it that badly to not be a little more patient. Still will be a nice 40th for myself..
    edited March 2, 2005
    4labs wrote:
    dkapp wrote:
    Any ETA on the new toy?
    Well so far Adorama shipped 25 and they said I "should in the next batch" that doesn't help much.. There is a local shop on LI that put them up for auction they are already going for 1000 over msrp.. I am not good enough nor do I need it that badly to not be a little more patient. Still will be a nice 40th for myself..

I completely agree with you. I've had to wait over 1.5 months to get my iPod shuffle from Amazon. I could have went to the local apple store, but paid full price. I had ~$80 in Amazon gift certs so my price out of pocket was only $20. I didn't need it bad enough to pay full price.

Dave