2nd acct...

SeymoreSeymore Banned Posts: 1,539 Major grins
edited October 1, 2007 in SmugMug Support

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2007
    Hi Seymore,

you can set up a new account or take over the other account - up to you. Pricing? Give yourself the gift of SmugMug - http://www.smugmug.com/photo-sharing/gift-subscriptions

you will save a few bucks and get a referral credit on your main account as well.

Account levels and prices are here:
    http://www.smugmug.com/price
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2007
    My 2nd account process
    Seymore wrote:
    Thanks for the reply Andy. Seems to me I remember hearing that there was a price break for people who opened a 2nd acct. Hence the reason for my question...

When I opened my 2nd account, I followed Andy's recommendations for using referral credits and here's specifically what I did:
    • I gifted the 2nd account to myself using referral credits from my first account. That gives me the first year for free (if you have enough referral credits).
    • Smugmug then gave me a referral credit on my first account for the 2nd account (which is another $10 I can use on future subscription fees).
    • I started directing new referrals to my 2nd account to work up the referral credit balance on the 2nd account so they could pay for it in future years.
    • I also asked Smugmug to move some galleries from my first account to my 2nd account. I think this is a manual process for them, but they did it for me when I asked.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2007
    Seymore wrote:
    Thanks for explaining John. So that I understand... you burned the referral credits from one to pay for the other and they gave you another $10 credit for doing that? Do you also know if this applies to taking over management of an existing acct?

Yes, that's a reasonable summary of what I did.

I don't know about applying this to taking over an existing account. You'd have to confirm that with Andy or someone at Smugmug. The photos from an existing account could get into a new account by having Smugmug transfer them there, but if you want to keep the URL of the existing account, you'd have to see if you can do the referral credit thing on taking over an account.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
    edited October 1, 2007
    Seymore wrote:
    Do you know if this also applies to taking over management of an existing acct?
    No, it won't apply for taking over an existing account, I'm sorry.
    edited October 1, 2007
    Seymore wrote:
    Thanks for the reply Andy. Seems to me I remember hearing that there was a price break for people who opened a 2nd acct. Hence the reason for my question...
    The price break is on the give the give of SmugMug :)
    Holler if you have more questions.