Options

keywords - delay before the show up? or some other problem?

tgelstontgelston Registered Users Posts: 72 Big grins
edited June 1, 2014 in SmugMug Support
Hello,

I am getting around to playing with keywords and creating virtual galleries using keywords - awesome feature. I bulk added the following keyword "sept07best" to a group of pics and it is not showing up yet. Is there a delay? When I go back to the gallery the keyword is not listed until I click edit keywords and then it shows up in the edit box.

Hmmm I just double checked - if I add other keywords like, testing, catepillar they show up but the sept07best does not. Am I allowed to use numbers?

Any advice you all can provide would be much appreciated.

Thank you,
Tobias

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2007
    Hi, can we have a link to your site so we can help? And the gallery where you've added these keywords.
  • Options
    edited October 1, 2007
    My info
    Andy wrote:
    Hi, can we have a link to your site so we can help? And the gallery where you've added these keywords.

I am http://tgelston.smugmug.com/

The gallery

http://tgelston.smugmug.com/gallery/3509289

The first image has the following keywords shown when I click edit

sept07best, testing, caterpillar, septsevenbest

When I click save I see

testing caterpillar septsevenbest

When I try any of those keywords as

http://tgelston.smugmug.com/keywords/septsevenbest

I just get my frontpage

Thank you,
    Tobias
  • Options
    edited October 1, 2007
    update
    The keywords that are visible outside the edit box are now working. The hidden keyword(I don't know why it is hidden) of sept07best is not working.

So I can just use a different keyword. . but it is perplexing.

Thanks,
    Tobias
  • Options
    DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2007
    This is how keywords are intended to work. Check this page and you can see some examples. Basically the problem is embedding the number in your keyword, it is all explained on that help page.

(I had the same issues!)
  • Options
    edited October 1, 2007
    Ah ha!
    DJ-S1 wrote:
    This is how keywords are intended to work. Check this page and you can see some examples. Basically the problem is embedding the number in your keyword, it is all explained on that help page.

(I had the same issues!)

Thanks - I actually found that right before your post and was coming back to post about it. I don't see any mention of number embedded in the middle of the keyword but that must be it. Also in playing around with keywords today - it looks like if you have an offending keyword it can hide the rest of the keywords - this does not seem to be consistent though - sometimes the rest of the keywords show and sometimes they do not. Remove the offending keyword and they always work.

I can't believe I have uploaded nearly 20,000 photos and I am just now getting to keywords. . . I treated the site as backup for awhile but I have to say it is so easy to customize I am thinking of switching all my photo displaying to smugmugiloveyou.gif.

Thanks for your help!

Tobias
  • Options
    DaVinciArtDaVinciArt Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited June 1, 2014
    Delay Yes, very slight, but yes.
    tgelston wrote: »
    Hello,

I am getting around to playing with keywords and creating virtual galleries using keywords - awesome feature. I bulk added the following keyword "sept07best" to a group of pics and it is not showing up yet. Is there a delay? When I go back to the gallery the keyword is not listed until I click edit keywords and then it shows up in the edit box.

Hmmm I just double checked - if I add other keywords like, testing, catepillar they show up but the sept07best does not. Am I allowed to use numbers?

Any advice you all can provide would be much appreciated.

Thank you,
    Tobias

Yes, I have noticed there is a slight delay before you can perform a KEYWORD search and have the photo(s) with the selected KEYWORD show up. I haven't timed it, but there is a slight delay, I think maybe a minute or so, it is not instant, but the KEYWORD search does eventually work with the added KEYWORDS. I have posted this to an old posting, it appears, but the same is true for adding newe KEYWORDS with the new KEYWORD window....
  • Options
    ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2014
    Mona Lisa, the comments above yours are from the 1500s so I can see why you were attracted to them.
    :)
    If you are having problems with keywords in 2014, it will be helpful to know which tool you are using, whether in legacy, New, or the new tool available (from http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=247232).
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2014
    Keyword additions/changes are thrown into a queue and might take some time to process. If you do a single photo in a
    gallery the change will show immediately under the photo, but will take some time to show in any list.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog