Options

>>> LPS#13 (Light or Shadow) Semifinalists List!

2»

Comments

• Options
    richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2007
    Thank you so much for the compliment!iloveyou.gif

It is difficult to not treat the voting results as a "pass or fail" grade, but to get support from others really makes it easier to accept it for its subjectivity. I really had fun doing this shoot with my daughter and am pleased with the end result. To know others appreciate the image also is such a wonderful bonus!
    Emily, that was one kick-ass shot!!! thumb.gif
  • Options
    GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2007
    richtersl wrote:
    Emily, that was one kick-ass shot!!! thumb.gif

Thank you, Linda! :D
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6

• Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2007
    Holy cow this was unexpected! Thank you all! I am blown away, particularly as the competition was exceptionally hard this time. I'm sure the nerves will kick in full-force on the semifinal round.... headscratch.gif
  • Options
    photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2007
    These were some amazing photos and I was truly shocked to get a congratulatory phone call from NanaMo on winning! I never thought there was a chance with all the amazing photos....

Congratulations to ALL the winners and those who placed and those to stretched themselved! Awesome!

clap.gifthumb.gifclap.gif
  • Options
    FeliciaFelicia Registered Users Posts: 385 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2007
    Congratulations, Semi-finalists!!! clap.gifwings.gifclap.gif

This round was fabulous!
    "Just because no one understands you doesn't mean you're an artist."

www.feliciabphotography.com
  • Options
    dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2007
    Congratulations everyone!! Another incredible set of photos. What a talented group of people!!!!

Ya gotta love this placewings.gif
  • Options
    drdanedrdane Registered Users Posts: 383 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2007
    Thank you so much for the compliment!iloveyou.gif

It is difficult to not treat the voting results as a "pass or fail" grade, but to get support from others really makes it easier to accept it for its subjectivity. I really had fun doing this shoot with my daughter and am pleased with the end result. To know others appreciate the image also is such a wonderful bonus!

You are very welcome! I thought your shot would be up near the top - a "no-brainer" semi-finalist. I have struggled with this "pass-fail" thing, too, and I seem to be learning that there is no absolute on the "value" of an image - it is mostly a matter of feelings and opinion, which are different for all of us.

The difficulty I was running into was my tendency to take it personally - that others' opinions were a reflection of my own worth as a person (not just as a photographer). That was a wake-up call - to stop looking out there for ultimate validation - though I think we all need supportive feedback and encouragement as we're growing into something new. I am not saying that you were taking it too personally - I don't think so, but your comment made me want to share some of my own process, as the reflection be helpful for a few others.

From my perspective, what you've been posting tells me you are a darn good photographer with a lot of creativity, from whom I could learn a thing or two.clap.gif
    Dr Dane :rofl
    Celebrating the essence of Nature, the Human Spirit, and the Divine Presence in all
    http://www.drdane.smugmug.com or:
    http://www.inner-light-images.com

• Options
    drdanedrdane Registered Users Posts: 383 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2007
    richtersl wrote:
    Oh Damn....missed by ONE point! rolleyes1.gifne_nau.gif Oh well, onto LPS #14.

For what it's worth, Linda, Beacon of Resurrection was on my list, with its strong visual impact. Good luck in #14!

Blessings,
    Dane
    Dr Dane :rofl
    Celebrating the essence of Nature, the Human Spirit, and the Divine Presence in all
    http://www.drdane.smugmug.com or:
    http://www.inner-light-images.com

• Options
    richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2007
    drdane wrote:
    For what it's worth, Linda, Beacon of Resurrection was on my list, with its strong visual impact. Good luck in #14!

Blessings,
    Dane
    Thank you! iloveyou.gif
  • Options
    HarleyPugsHarleyPugs Registered Users Posts: 106 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2007
    Congratz!
    Not sure how greensquared didn't make it....but like others have said there were some awesome shots this time around.

Gotta step it up a bit...err...well alot!

Jon
  • Options
    DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2007
    Yes, congratulations to all. thumb.gif I really enjoyed seeing everyones work.
    Michael
  • Options
    GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2007
    HarleyPugs wrote:
    Not sure how greensquared didn't make it....but like others have said there were some awesome shots this time around.

Gotta step it up a bit...err...well alot!

Jon

Thank you so much for the kind comment Jon!

Emily
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6

• Options
    davevdavev Registered Users Posts: 3,118 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2007
    Cangrats to you folks that made the final cut.
    dave.

Basking in the shadows of yesterday's triumphs'.
  • Options
    jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,005 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2007
    thank you it was a suprise to even get to be 32 nd in this round [or 19] I do believe that this round the theme was in the shots lots more than others ,some really great work all around thumb.gif
    Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/