Options

>>> LPS#13 Feedback Thread

2»

Comments

• Options
    FeliciaFelicia Registered Users Posts: 385 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2007
    83 - Felicia - Save Me
    I like your use of light here. Dark water is scary, and that feeling comes through here. Maybe a bit tight compositionally. Room for another hand that might come to the rescue might help. I think it works well with the title.

Thanks for the feedback, Shay! :smooch
    "Just because no one understands you doesn't mean you're an artist."

www.feliciabphotography.com
  • Options
    indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2007
    Thanks, Shay! Your feedback was worth the wait!

Jesse
  • Options
    stuffjunkiestuffjunkie Registered Users Posts: 156 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2007
    72 - stuffjunkie - Let It Play You!
    Cool idea! The shadow looks very artificial in places, so spending some time to make that looks as realistic as possible will make the impact much much greater. Love it though.
    Thank you very much for your comments!
    I was keyed in on making the shadow the subject, or that was the idea. I tried to do it in camera and didn't have enough hands,lights and talent. So, it's a composite shot with the exact same lighting set up. I changed the subject only. Maybe my copy procedure makes it look fake? I though about making the shadow on the wall darker, but was concerned it would ...look fake. If I'd had more time (yeah I know, I had two weeks) I might have changed to a brick wall background.
  • Options
    hawkeye978hawkeye978 Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2007
    71 - hawkeye978 - Gone But Not Forgotten
    I like the contrast you have here of the cut branch and the live leaf shadow, and it works well with the title. The concept is good, but the execution is not working well for me. It might be the contrast is too high. It also seems like the composition is too cramped. You might not have had room to use a landscape orientation, but that is the orientation I want to see. The vertical feels like the left is cropped out too much. A third thought is the shadow might work better if it were not overlapping the branch so much.
    !

Thanks for the feedback Shay. I agree I may have cropped too much. The overlapping branch I knew was a problem but this shadow was only present for only about 15 minutes and that was the best I could get. Thanks again.