It's Cold Outside

coldclimbcoldclimb Registered Users Posts: 1,169 Major grins
edited March 3, 2005 in People
I just found this website, and it looks like an AWESOME resource for someone like me, an amateur struggling to get serious with photography. Love the friendly attitude of the forums, since you don't see this sort of thing most places on the net.

Here's a shot I'd like some discussion about. I shot this pic in early January this year as one of a sequence where i was just randomly clicking pictures of friends, and was pleasantly surprised at the result. Tell me what you think, so I can work at getting these sorts of pictures on PURPOSE in the future.

people01.jpg
John Borland
www.morffed.com

Comments

• KMCCKMCC Registered Users Posts: 717 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2005
    Welcome to Digital Grin. I think you'll find that this is a great place to come with questions.

I like your photograph. It's a very nice candid capture of an apparently cold moment, but having just noticed where you are located, shouldn't she be used to that by now?

Looking forward to seeing more from you.

Kent
    "Not everybody trusts paintings, but people believe photographs."- Ansel Adams
    Web site
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited March 2, 2005
    welcome to dGrin cold. great shot. good color and DOF, fun pose. very nice. thumb.gif
  • BridgeCityBridgeCity Registered Users Posts: 338 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2005
    Welcome to Dgrin! This shot makes me jelous! I wish I was in the snow (avid snowboarder) but the snow in Oregon is seriosly lacking this year :cry

Look forward to seeing more stuff from you in the future, I'm sure you will find this site very helpful
  • Tim KirkwoodTim Kirkwood Registered Users Posts: 900 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2005
    Hi there!wave.gif Welcome to DaGrin'

You caught a fun expression there! But I think it looks a bit soft to me.ne_nau.gif

Hope to see much more from you. Not sure that we have any other members form Alaska so you can give us shots form another corner of the earth that we dont see much! Thanks for joining. What are you shooting with?

Tim
    www.KirkwoodPhotography.com

Speak with sweet words, for you never know when you may have to eat them....
  • coldclimbcoldclimb Registered Users Posts: 1,169 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2005
    Hi there!wave.gif Welcome to DaGrin'

You caught a fun expression there! But I think it looks a bit soft to me.ne_nau.gif

Hope to see much more from you. Not sure that we have any other members form Alaska so you can give us shots form another corner of the earth that we dont see much! Thanks for joining. What are you shooting with?

Tim
    All I have to work with right now is a 6mp digital Fuji F700. I love it, but sometimes I wish I had a digital SLR. I'm of the new generation, and film drives me nuts. ;)

Thanks for the comments all, I'm looking forward to spending some time here.
    John Borland
    www.morffed.com
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited March 3, 2005
    Hey, I've been to Wasilla before..in August :D

Nice candid and Welcome to dgrin!
    Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?