Options

Ride to shoot

george-1george-1 Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
edited October 4, 2007 in Landscapes
I read a story on here on Dgrin about someone who went for a drive, stopping every 5 miles to take photos. I liked that idea, and decided to try it.

I rode the motorcycle, so I didn't stop every 5 miles, but as close to it as practical. On roads with no shoulders, you can't stop just anywhere on a motorcycle.

It was a nice day, around noontime, so the light wasn't the best, but I got a few shots.

1. The Hill Country
201974210-M.jpg

2. Rock wall

201980456-M-1.jpg

3. Lunch

201987468-M-1.jpg

4. Still waters run deep

202000172-M-1.jpg

5. Back home.

202009442-M.jpg

A good idea, to force myself to stop and take picures. Often, while on the bike, I get focused on the ride and forget to enjoy the stops.

Additional photos here:
http://george-1.smugmug.com/gallery/3562772

Thanks for looking.

--
George

Comments

• Options
    rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2007
    Welcome aboard George...

Glad to see another photog/rider posting.

I see that you were enjoying the TX Hill Country. Did you get to ride the three sisters? (Folks, that's three famous twisty roads in the hill country, NOT what you were thinking) rolleyes1.gif

Looking forward to more bike/travel shots...
    Randy
  • Options
    edited October 2, 2007
    rwells wrote:
    Welcome aboard George...

Glad to see another photog/rider posting.

I see that you were enjoying the TX Hill Country. Did you get to ride the three sisters? (Folks, that's three famous twisty roads in the hill country, NOT what you were thinking) rolleyes1.gif
    I have never been down to that area. It's on the list, for sure. The one time I was going to test those roads out was on the end of a 1800 mile trip. I awoke in Del Rio to 35 degrees and rain, so I headed up the main roads to Austin.
    rwells wrote:
    Looking forward to more bike/travel shots...
    Stay tuned, I'm heading off towards California on Thursday. I should find something to point the camera at along the way.

--
    George
    george-1.smugmug.com
  • Options
    rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2007
    george-1 wrote:
    I have never been down to that area. It's on the list, for sure. The one time I was going to test those roads out was on the end of a 1800 mile trip. I awoke in Del Rio to 35 degrees and rain, so I headed up the main roads to Austin.

Stay tuned, I'm heading off towards California on Thursday. I should find something to point the camera at along the way.

--
    George
    george-1.smugmug.com

Fantastic thumb.gif

I took a bike trip out to the left coast this past summer myself. Here's a link, maybe you can get some ideas where to go.

Looking forward to some pics from your trip...
    Randy
  • Options
    edited October 3, 2007
    rwells wrote:
    Fantastic thumb.gif

I took a bike trip out to the left coast this past summer myself. Here's a link, maybe you can get some ideas where to go.

Looking forward to some pics from your trip...

I have spent a lot of time in the last few years in California. This trip I will spend a lot of time in Colorado, Utah, and Nevada, weather permitting.

I enjoyed your pictures and ride report. It's easy to get swept away in Yosemite, taking photos. I have a bunch from there myself.

I'll watch out for the bears!

--
    George
  • Options
    Luv2shootLuv2shoot Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited October 4, 2007
    Nice to see someone else that rides and takes photo's. Like you I am usually out for the ride but lately find that I want to stop alot. Maybe not every 5 miles though.
    Guess when the rain stops around here I'll have to give this a shot.
    Thanks for the inspiration