Just one I enjoy.

img_51441.jpg

Comments

• Tim KirkwoodTim Kirkwood Registered Users Posts: 900 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2005
    I sure hope that guy trimmed his nose hairs before the photo shoot.:lol4

Tim
    www.KirkwoodPhotography.com

Speak with sweet words, for you never know when you may have to eat them....
  • ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2005
    I love shooting in museums. But there is a danger, photos of paintings can be nothing more than the paintings. This is a strong painting and I think it's dominating the shot. I also find the door frame on the left and the partial frme on the right distracting. Would it work to crop both sides and make it portrait orientation?

Also (broken record) why B&W? This picture needs something. What about color? I'll bet that the bright tungsten lights in the museum resulted in colors you didn't like. If you shot RAW, it's easy to fix. Choose tungsten white balence when you convert. Even if you didn't shoot raw, you can fix with curves.

11910206-L.jpg
    If not now, when?
  • 3rdPlanetPhotography3rdPlanetPhotography Banned Posts: 920 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2005
    rutt wrote:
    I love shooting in museums. But there is a danger, photos of paintings can be nothing more than the paintings. This is a strong painting and I think it's dominating the shot. I also find the door frame on the left and the partial frme on the right distracting. Would it work to crop both sides and make it portrait orientation?

Also (broken record) why B&W? This picture needs something. What about color? I'll bet that the bright tungsten lights in the museum resulted in colors you didn't like. If you shot RAW, it's easy to fix. Choose tungsten white balence when you convert. Even if you didn't shoot raw, you can fix with curves.
    Well at the time I shot this photo I wasn't familiar with the image sizes and I shot it at 1024x768. It's pretty small and not good at all for blowing up. I leanred after about 1000 photos that I MUST shoot as high resolution as I can if I want to do any cropping and still have a decent photo. Maybe next time..... thanks for the feedback.

kc7dji
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited March 2, 2005
    this is very interesting. I agree about the partial doorframe on the left but I'm ok with the door on the right if you would crop out the painting on the perpendicular wall. (I know about the small file size; no need to repeat your concern)

I love thinking that it appears the subject of the painting is looking at himself. (Or is it a photo?)
  • gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2005
    Excellent subject! although imho I think it suffers from being a little too central. i think it might be improved if you were to crop out the door frame on the left and the half painting on the right. thumb.gif

Rutt, is that the Musee de L'Orangerie in Paris?
  • ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2005
    gubbs wrote:
    Rutt, is that the Musee de L'Orangerie in Paris?
    No, Museum of Modern Art in NYC.
    If not now, when?
  • NirNir Registered Users Posts: 1,400 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2005
    kc7dji wrote:
    Just one I enjoy.
    Me too!

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts