Trouble with some features on my site

Barb BatesBarb Bates Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
edited October 5, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Hi, some of the buttons on my pages are not working tonight. I don't think I did it, hope I did'nt do it. Could someone please check it for me?
Specifically: the edit buttons (caption & descriptions); the buy this photo buttons; on my control page, only the customize tab works.
http://www.barbsimages.com
Thanks.

Comments

• jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2007
    Barb Bates wrote:
    Hi, some of the buttons on my pages are not working tonight. I don't think I did it, hope I did'nt do it. Could someone please check it for me?
    Specifically: the edit buttons (caption & descriptions); the buy this photo buttons; on my control page, only the customize tab works.
    http://www.barbsimages.com
    Thanks.

I can't see the things that are only available when logged in, but I can look at the "buy this photo" buttons.

In this gallery, I see the buy this photo buttons fine so it's not something in your generic CSS customizations that's causing the problem.

In this gallery, I don't see any "buy this photo" buttons even in the HTML source. That probably means that you don't have print ordering enabled for this gallery in your gallery customization.

In this gallery, the buy this photo buttons seem to be working fine.

As for the other items (that I can't see because I can't be logged in as you), the first thing I would suggest is clearing your browser cache in case your cache got an inconsistent set of JS and CSS files in the cache. If that doesn't help, then you have a ton of CSS customizations that could be affecting those items.

The most straightforward way to debug whether it's caused by your customizations or not is to take all your CSS customizations, copy it, paste it into something like WordPad to save it, clear your all your CSS customizations, then if the problem goes away, you can start putting pieces of the customization back, one block at a time until you see which newly added block causes the problem. If it doesn't go away, when you clear your customizations, then it's probably something that Smugmug needs to look at. If it does go away when you clear your customizations, then it's obviously caused by some of your custom CSS and you will need to narrow down which piece is causing it.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2007
    Hi Barb,

This sounds like your javascript isn't working correctly. I just checked the links that John posted and I was able to edit the caption and gallery description.
    Could you check on your javascript by going here:
    http://weblogin.bu.edu/troubleshooting?cmd=ssl

Click on 'start ssl test' and run the javascript test. If you get a failed notice, try the suggestions you get when you click on help.

If they don't seem to help, try temporarily disabling any firewall, virus, ad blocking, internet security, or any other security software and see if that helps. It might be that any of your software is blocking our javascript code.

I hope this helps.

All the best,
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero