Options

Washington Cascades: Teanaway Basin

Miguel DelinquentoMiguel Delinquento Registered Users Posts: 904 Major grins
edited October 11, 2007 in Journeys
Two weeks ago, a long-time friend and I went for a quick two-day camp and hike in Washington state's Teanaway basin near Mt. Stuart north of Cle Elum. It was pretty cold with clouds swirling around us in the evening. We were on the dry side of the Cascades and watched the wet weather head westwards. Then we hiked back down to our tent, built a fire, and heated up some blackberry brandy and schnaps.

A few indicative shots:
201773143-L.jpg

This is the Teanaway basin looking up at Esmerslda Peaks. The mountains here are about 6500 ft.

199058205-M.jpg

The low lying berry bushes provide vivid colors in the fall

201795397-M.jpg

There were a few Indian paintbrush remnants around still

199058581-M.jpg

At dusk you can see the ominous clouds moving west over Hawkins mountain. Here we are in the "dry" east side of the Cascades and we watched storms blow over us while emitting a dozen drops. Western Washington gets all the fabled wet weather.

199059855-M.jpg

We ended up getting back to camp in the dark but it was just fine and with certain benefits.

203454298-L.jpg

The following morning was sunny and warm and Ingalls Peak to the north stood about 7600ft.

199060828-L.jpg

Finally, this Zenitar ultra-wide angle shot shows the broader Ingalls Creek basin.

It was a great little escape for two guys who have been friends for 33 years.

M

Comments

• Options
    JGDJGD Registered Users Posts: 315 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2007
    Really nice mountain pics!
    Jim Green Canon 5D: Proceed W/Caution, I tend to get carried Away:dunno
    http://jgdesigns.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    quarkquark Registered Users Posts: 510 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2007
    Sounds like a fun trip! The color up there is amazing in the fall.
    heather dillon photography - Pacific Northwest Portraits and Places
    facebook
    photoblog

Quarks are one of the two basic constituents of matter in the Standard Model of particle physics.
  • Options
    Miguel DelinquentoMiguel Delinquento Registered Users Posts: 904 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2007
    Thanks
    Thanks both of you for your kind words. It has been so wet and cold on the west side of the mountains that my family and I are headed back to the Teanaway this weekend.

M