Another EXIF question. No Photo Information link.

In2PhotosIn2Photos Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
edited October 3, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I have searched for a while now but can not seem to find an answer to my question.

I posted some pics from this past weekend on another photo forum. I was asked for EXIF info and forgot that the EXIF gets stripped on resized images. So I went to my site to get the info. Someone suggested that I use this method to post my photo with a link to the EXIF. That would be great, except that the second "Photo Information" link is not there. What have I done to mess this up? Here is what I am doing:

Open a gallery and use the SmugMug style (like this one here).
Hover over a photo and click the Photo Info blue icon which pops up the EXIF window.
Now there is no second Photo Information link on the window to click on, only the Basic and Detailed tabs.

I have visited another member's site and can see that it works on his site so I believe it might be a setting I have inadvertently checked without knowing.

Thanks for your help!

Mike

Comments

• AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2007
    In2Photos wrote:
    I have searched for a while now but can not seem to find an answer to my question.

I posted some pics from this past weekend on another photo forum. I was asked for EXIF info and forgot that the EXIF gets stripped on resized images. So I went to my site to get the info. Someone suggested that I use this method to post my photo with a link to the EXIF. That would be great, except that the second "Photo Information" link is not there. What have I done to mess this up? Here is what I am doing:

Open a gallery and use the SmugMug style (like this one here).
    Hover over a photo and click the Photo Info blue icon which pops up the EXIF window.
    Now there is no second Photo Information link on the window to click on, only the Basic and Detailed tabs.

I have visited another member's site and can see that it works on his site so I believe it might be a setting I have inadvertently checked without knowing.

Thanks for your help!

Mike
    Here's your link.
    http://www.mdsportsphoto.com/photos/newexif.mg?ImageID=203022344

This is what is hidding it.

h3 {
    visibility: hidden;
    margin-top: 0px;
    font-size: 14px;
    margin-bottom: 3px;
    }
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • In2PhotosIn2Photos Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited October 3, 2007
    Allen wrote:
    Here's your link.

h3 {
    }

Thanks Allen! I knew it had to be something simple and something that I did to screw it up. thumb.gif I guess that is what I get for using other's code rather than doing it from scratch on my own. I have some more learning to do. :D
    edited October 3, 2007
    Allen wrote:
    Here's your link.

h3 {
    }

Ugh! I just noticed that if I remove this my FAQ page has a
    This is a brand new gallery with no photos.

statement that I don't want visible. Any way to remove this but still allow the "Photo Information" link?
    edited October 3, 2007
    In2Photos wrote:
    Ugh! I just noticed that if I remove this my FAQ page has a
    This is a brand new gallery with no photos.

statement that I don't want visible. Any way to remove this but still allow the "Photo Information" link?
    Add this to your CSS.

.nophotos h3 {display: none;}
    edited October 3, 2007
    Allen wrote:
    Add this to your CSS.

.nophotos h3 {display: none;}

Thanks!

I really need to sit down and learn this stuff. That was pretty easy. I bet I have some pretty awful code that could be cleaned up. yelrotflmao.gif
    edited October 3, 2007
    In2Photos wrote:
    Thanks!

I really need to sit down and learn this stuff. That was pretty easy. I bet I have some pretty awful code that could be cleaned up. yelrotflmao.gif
    Did you know you have a different photo link in your banner CSS for IE?
    edited October 3, 2007
    Allen wrote:
    Did you know you have a different photo link in your banner CSS for IE?

No! That must be why it appears different in IE than FF. I just chalked it up to MS doing "something" different. Boy I have more to learn than I thought. :cry