Cooling down!!

jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
edited October 5, 2007 in People
I got a call from my daughter yesterday to "hurry up and get to the school with your camera". They had cut cheer practice short to have some pointless fun.

I was glad to do it.

Nice to have fun with the camera still. I am about to be very busy with it in the next few weeks. I had put off some sessions due to the heat, and also have a few seniors lined up to work with. My shopping list is now.....tremendous.....and I am not sure I will ever get to the end of it.

Ok so for these shots......yes I was scared to death of all the water...and water hoses being sprayed everywhere. No...me or the camera did not get wet!!! I was using the Canon 85mm F1.8 in AVServo mode( which I am getting much better with thanks to the football game last Sunday), and simply shot them in JPEGL with the 400D. I used the 580EX on some as well for fill. I got my LEE Filters gel samples in, but still have not experimented with those.

204004894-M.jpg

204007596-M.jpg

We Break 4 Icecream!!!

203996098-M.jpg

Comments

• Little TLittle T Registered Users Posts: 170 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2007
    Nice shots, looks like they had a blast even in the heat.

Hope it cools off some for ya so you can have your other shoots!
    http://jtrankler.smugmug.com
    jtrankler@gmail.com
    Canon 60D
    Tamron 28-75 2.8
    Canon 70-200 F4 L IS
  • JESTERJESTER Registered Users Posts: 369 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2007
    Nice Ones Jeff. Looks like everyone is having a good time. I like the girl's expression on the 2nd photo. And Wow...how about them eyes. Now quit messing around and get back to workwings.gif
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2007
    JESTER wrote:
    Nice Ones Jeff. Looks like everyone is having a good time. I like the girl's expression on the 2nd photo. And Wow...how about them eyes. Now quit messing around and get back to workwings.gif

Yeah!! the eyes, but I kinda flash blasted the rest of her face a bit hard. She has those eyes that ALLWAYS photgraph well. Ice Blue.
  • GiselleGiselle Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2007
    I miss high school!!!
    Giselle
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2007
    What fun! I'm so glad your daughter called you!

Any pointers for AI Servo mode? I have horrible luck with it! (Not that I need/use it much.)

Fun shots!
    edited October 4, 2007
    What fun! I'm so glad your daughter called you!

Any pointers for AI Servo mode? I have horrible luck with it! (Not that I need/use it much.)

Fun shots!

Advice.........practice!!!!

The center focus point illuminates until the initial focus is achieved then dissappears. As long as the place where it used to be is held over the moving subject it will keep focus....IF.......if the lens you are using will focus fast enough. I have one lens in my bag that works well for this...85mm F1.8. The Tamron 28-75 struggles, and the Canon 50mm F1.8 just can't keep up at all. It can be a hinderence to creative framing since you pretty much have to keep the subject centered.
  • DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2007
    Great action shot on #1 and nice use of fill on it. What fun.
    edited October 5, 2007
    DavidS wrote:
    Great action shot on #1 and nice use of fill on it. What fun.

Thanks, they had fun blowing off steam. I just got home from a very rainy, soggy, miserable football game that we won 14-0. We are now 5-1 for the first time in probably 20 years. Only young once and for such a short period of time!!