Quick portraits- backyard style

jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
edited October 5, 2007 in People
Hi all!! I took the dog out yesterday, and saw some interesting lighting in the back yard. I rushed my wife out for a couple quick shots. Not sure if I took advantage of the light, but they are keepers none the less.

Here is one in BW
204029978-M.jpg

And one in color with the love of her life!!!

204029989-L.jpg

Comments

• JESTERJESTER Registered Users Posts: 369 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2007
    Wow Jeff, Now I know where your beautiful daughter gets her good looks. Nice photos and YES, they are keepers. I suggest you keep the wife and the dog toothumb.gif

Dave J.
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2007
    JESTER wrote:
    Wow Jeff, Now I know where your beautiful daughter gets her good looks. Nice photos and YES, they are keepers. I suggest you keep the wife and the dog toothumb.gif

Dave J.

Sheesh!!! her good looks come from meeeeeeeee!!!!!
  • shatchshatch Registered Users Posts: 798 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2007
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    Sheesh!!! her good looks come from meeeeeeeee!!!!!

Yah, your daughter probably got her good looks from you because your wife still has hers!!!

That is the case in my family as well. I know how you feel.
    edited October 4, 2007
    shatch wrote:
    Yah, your daughter probably got her good looks from you because your wife still has hers!!!

That is the case in my family as well. I know how you feel.

Hmmmm,

you are no help either!
  • GiselleGiselle Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2007
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    Hmmmm,

you are no help either!

my advice is to ALWAYS think your wife is better looking than you...which is usually the case, we are less picky about looks than y'all men
    Giselle
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2007
    Gorgeous shots, but your wife is even more gorgeous! Wonderful...
    edited October 4, 2007
    Giselle wrote:
    my advice is to ALWAYS think your wife is better looking than you...which is usually the case, we are less picky about looks than y'all men

I was being my humourous self.......she is as beautiful as the day we met, and more so in many respects. We have enjoyed 21 years of marriage since last May.
    edited October 4, 2007
    Gorgeous shots, but your wife is even more gorgeous! Wonderful...

Thanks, she is very camera shy....cannot stand to be photographed, and is very uncomfortable while being photographed. I think Pepper (the doggy)lightened the moment for her.
  • evorywareevoryware Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2007
    #2 is great! thumb.gif
    Canon 40D : Canon 400D : Canon Elan 7NE : Canon 580EX : 2 x Canon 430EX : Canon 24-70 f2.8L : Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM : Canon 28-135mm f/3.5 IS : 18-55mm f/3.5 : 4GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2 x 1GB Sandisk Ultra II : Sekonik L358

dak.smugmug.com
  • urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2007
    these are fantastic. I love the color one, she seems warmer and more relaxed, but they're both wonderfully composed and lit.

And I'll chime in too on how gorgeous your wife is...Wow!
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2007
    Nice shots. She has a beautiful smile.
    edited October 5, 2007
    urbanaries wrote:
    these are fantastic. I love the color one, she seems warmer and more relaxed, but they're both wonderfully composed and lit.

And I'll chime in too on how gorgeous your wife is...Wow!

Thanks Lynne .......hows the Best Wedding Photog. contest going? You got my vote!
  • i_worship_the_Kingi_worship_the_King Registered Users Posts: 548 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2007
    photogenic woman marries photographer.... hmmm.... conspiracy, I say, conspiracy.

Definitely going with #2 here - you were right in saying she looks a lot more relaxed in #2, probably why you kept the dog in the first place. I just hope I can find someone that photogenic, and willing to let me drag her into the backyard for a few shots on a whim rolleyes1.gif
    I make it policy to never let ignorance stand in the way of my opinion. ~Justiceiro

"Your decisions on whether to buy, when to buy and what to buy should depend on careful consideration of your needs primarily, with a little of your wants thrown in for enjoyment, After all photography is a hobby, even for pros."
    ~Herbert Keppler
    edited October 5, 2007
    photogenic woman marries photographer.... hmmm.... conspiracy, I say, conspiracy.

Definitely going with #2 here - you were right in saying she looks a lot more relaxed in #2, probably why you kept the dog in the first place. I just hope I can find someone that photogenic, and willing to let me drag her into the backyard for a few shots on a whim rolleyes1.gif

It is a give and take kinda thing. I get dragged places I am not so comfortable with also!