Options

October 2007 API contest - Win an iPhone!

13»

Comments

• Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited November 18, 2007
    Congrats :)

So who won? Or is it still undecided?

G'day Gareth,

It's been a busy few weeks here at SmugMug, with the release of SmugMungous Video and Cards.... plus the arrival of Don's latest child.

It's currently still undecided thumb.gif

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    onethumbonethumb Administrators Posts: 1,269 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2007
    devbobo wrote:
    G'day Gareth,

It's been a busy few weeks here at SmugMug, with the release of SmugMungous Video and Cards.... plus the arrival of Don's latest child.

It's currently still undecided thumb.gif

Cheers,

David

... but we're getting close. Stay tuned! (and Sorry!)
  • Options
    ifotoproifotopro Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited December 26, 2007
    Updated SmugSync
    While awaiting word on winners, I've made a slight update to SmugSync. I've fixed an issue with uploading/syncing and modified to support latest AIR runtime (now Beta 3) - http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/air.html.

The previous version (0.2), posted before cut-off time, is still available from link.

http://ifotopro.com/SmugSync.html

Any update on when winners will be announced?
  • Options
    flyingdutchieflyingdutchie Registered Users Posts: 1,286 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2007
    Announcing: First version of SmugFig API.
    Too late for winning an iPhone :D, but here it is anyway:

I started a seperate thread for this one:
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=80034

The SmugFig API's online page can be found here:
    http://blog.antonspaans.com/smugfig-api/

-- Anton Spaans
    I can't grasp the notion of time.

When I hear the earth will melt into the sun,
    in two billion years,
    all I can think is:
        "Will that be on a Monday?"
    ==========================
    http://www.streetsofboston.com
    http://blog.antonspaans.com
  • Options
    dondon Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited January 22, 2008
    public info
    Is there any way you will release the actual names of the winner?I assume that you have picked a winner by now considering that the contest ended almost a quarter ago.Don
  • Options
    rkallarkalla Registered Users Posts: 108 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2008
    don wrote:
    Is there any way you will release the actual names of the winner?I assume that you have picked a winner by now considering that the contest ended almost a quarter ago.Don

I'm only interested in the list of winners if my name is on it... otherwise I will just get depressed :cry
  • Options
    mjohnsonperlmjohnsonperl Registered Users Posts: 41 Big grins
    edited January 22, 2008
    If regular contests are going to be something used to inspire development... I think it would be helpful to speed up getting results for a contest like this.

A 3 month delay on determining a winner on a 1 month contest seems a little lopsided. I seems to cut a lot of the fun out of competing for a prize.
  • Options
    GarethLewinGarethLewin Registered Users Posts: 95 Big grins
    edited January 23, 2008
    If regular contests are going to be something used to inspire development... I think it would be helpful to speed up getting results for a contest like this.

A 3 month delay on determining a winner on a 1 month contest seems a little lopsided. I seems to cut a lot of the fun out of competing for a prize.

I have to agree.

I assume I'm not the only one that spent special effort to get my stuff done by the date required. I'm sure the original goal of the contest (To hammer at 1.2.1) was done.
  • Options
    edited January 23, 2008
    I have to agree.

I assume I'm not the only one that spent special effort to get my stuff done by the date required. I'm sure the original goal of the contest (To hammer at 1.2.1) was done.

No you're not the only one. I hadn't ever done any development interfacing with SmugMug and used the contest as an oportunity to inspire me to code and learn. I spent just about three weeks of evenings and parts of my weekend trying to get the program deployed for the deadline. I had some steep learning curves to overcome due to my lack of experience with the technologies used, and that made the project take a whole lot longer, but I did get it done.

I was able to learn a lot in different areas like XML, web services, GUI interface coding, and cross platform applications development which I hadn't previously had a good case to learn with. From what I was able to learn, I thought the project was worth the extra effort, but the driving factor for putting that effort into SmugMug has lost some steam.

Since October I have been busy with other side projects, and haven't taken the time to do any more work on my sync program. I'm still looking for feedback on suggestions on SyncMug... what people like, what they would like changed or added, or if there is some problem that prevents them from getting any benefit from it. I put a lot of work into it, and I want it to be used. I would likely put more work into it if someone would just ask.
  • Options
    onethumbonethumb Administrators Posts: 1,269 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2008
    don wrote:

Winners have been announced! Congrats (and sorry it took us so long)!
  • Options
    edited January 25, 2008
    onethumb wrote:
    Winners have been announced! Congrats (and sorry it took us so long)!

*falls backwards out of his office chair*

that was about the most unexpected, kick-ass thing that could have happened today.
  • Options
    edited January 25, 2008
    rkalla wrote:
    *falls backwards out of his office chair*

that was about the most unexpected, kick-ass thing that could have happened today.

Congrats rkalla, you put a lot of work into that API!thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited January 25, 2008
    Congrats rkalla, you put a lot of work into that API!thumb.gif

Thank you, very nice of you to say so.