A model portrait attempt

TassieDTassieD Registered Users Posts: 711 Major grins
edited October 7, 2007 in People
G'day all,

I was given the opportunity to photograph a young lady this morning. This is the very first time I have tried anything along these lines but think I came away with a couple she can use. We are planning another photo shoot in a couple of weeks so hopefully improve with the ideas by then.

if anybody has some links to websites etc that they are happy to share, I would very appreciative.

Enough waffle here are a couple of the shots.

This is my favourite for some reason.

204497571-M.jpg

204497391-M.jpg

204498037-M.jpg
Cheers
David Clifford

Comments

• NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2007
    TassieD wrote:
    if anybody has some links to websites etc that they are happy to share, I would very appreciative.
    I like what you did alreadythumb.gif , but since you've asked: http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=71133 mwink.gif
    HTH
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2007
    Looks pretty good. I like the first one best.

The last one has a dynamic composition but I don't know about her expression.
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2007
    The link Nik gave you is a winner. thumb.gif

The first one works best, IMHO. Nice compo, texture, wouldn't mind a wee bit more light on her face. Her expression doesn't work, it's too blank, almost menacing. I reckon getting an expression that's not overdone, yet communicates something, is hard to get. A lot of it depends upon the model's innate ability, I suspect. ne_nau.gif

The second one is unflattering, doesn't make her legs look good. And the compo feels weak, the frame divided in half doesn't feel strong. Colors and texture do work, her B&W print dress is an effective contract with the brown stonework, IMHO.

Third one's fine except for her expression, and her eyes are too dark.

Read the link Nik gave. Excellent stuff. And the attention you give to eyes in post is always rewarded. thumb.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • TassieDTassieD Registered Users Posts: 711 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2007
    Thanks for the comments and the link guys. The link has some dynamite info in it. I should have explained the shots a little more.

No. 1 - I asked her to give me a death stare, which I think she achieved very well.
    Cheers
    David Clifford
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2007
    lol3.gif Yes, she did.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2007
    Attempt done very well. My only comment...the model should've had on high heels in the second photo. But that's just my opinion.