Options

Found: Apple Powerbook

windozewindoze Registered Users Posts: 2,830 Major grins
edited October 7, 2007 in The Kitchen Sink
There is a classroom in my school for children with severe multihandicapping conditions. They have a new macbook, but the existing software they like is not supported by the current Mac OS. They need a powerbook preferably without Tiger OS. Im willing to pay the cost to help the children.

troy

Comments

• Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2007
    How many machines do you need?

Can you suggest models which meet your needs?
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    edited October 6, 2007
    wxwax wrote:
    How many machines do you need?

Can you suggest models which meet your needs?

The majority of the children are in wheelchairs. We use a "Smartboard", the problem is that the best software we have does not run on intel processor macbooks. We need a machine that runs "classic" when necessary, the new macbooks do not. This class does not need more than one, its just that I cant use "our software" on the current macbook. So I was trying to find a well taken, used apple "powerbook" that could run the programs and still connect to the smartboard.

troy
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2007
    windoze wrote:
    The majority of the children are in wheelchairs. We use a "Smartboard", the problem is that the best software we have does not run on intel processor macbooks. We need a machine that runs "classic" when necessary, the new macbooks do not. This class does not need more than one, its just that I cant use "our software" on the current macbook. So I was trying to find a well taken, used apple "powerbook" that could run the programs and still connect to the smartboard.

troy

Check your e-mail.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    edited October 7, 2007
    Found bowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gif