my new cousin-in-law..

BriggieBriggie Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
edited October 6, 2007 in People
Hey all...just got back from a visit with my cousin and his new wife. She's quite photogenic, so i had to have a little photo shoot with her! Here are my favorites!

203671095-L.jpg

203670656-L.jpg

203672257-L.jpg

203677843-L.jpg

203676538-L.jpg

Critques and critisism always welcome!!

here's a link to the complete gallery, if anyone is curious!
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..."

My Smug Gallery

Comments

• saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2007
    You are so right.....she is strikingly beautiful! Wonderful shots, wonderful poses....you done good! I especially like #3 thru #5. Hope she poses some more for you. (Nice to have a model in the familiy for your portfolio!!!) thumb.gif
  • i_worship_the_Kingi_worship_the_King Registered Users Posts: 548 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2007
    wowzer, 4&5 are top notch! I need a family model, no fair.

Excellent work, and congrats to everyone in the family!:D

On a second look, #3 and #4 look like completely different people - did you heal or PS to get the lightening effect or did that occur naturally? Either way, I like #4. A lot. :D
    I make it policy to never let ignorance stand in the way of my opinion. ~Justiceiro

"Your decisions on whether to buy, when to buy and what to buy should depend on careful consideration of your needs primarily, with a little of your wants thrown in for enjoyment, After all photography is a hobby, even for pros."
    ~Herbert Keppler
  • ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2007
    She's beautiful and I think you did a great job! Nice variety of poses (love her coat, BTW). On #3, I think if she had been looking up a bit more and maybe turned a bit towards the light her eyes would be sparkly; love the light on #4 (I might crop a little bit higher so as not to crop at the knee) and #5 is fun and relaxed and shows a connection between you. I like the idea of #2, but IMO the hair in front of her face is distracting. #1...I wish there were feet! Overall...lovely lady and lovely setting. Well done! thumb.gif
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • BriggieBriggie Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2007
    saurora wrote:
    You are so right.....she is strikingly beautiful! Wonderful shots, wonderful poses....you done good! I especially like #3 thru #5. Hope she poses some more for you. (Nice to have a model in the familiy for your portfolio!!!) thumb.gif

Thanks Saurora!! She's a joy to photograph, but unfortunately, we won't have them in Canada for about a year yet! they are in Germany til next July, but i was happy to be out there last week for a visit. These were taken at a site called Externsteine . But i do look forward to some more shoots when they get here!! She loves to be on the other side of the lens! clap.gif
    "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..."

My Smug Gallery
    edited October 6, 2007
    wowzer, 4&5 are top notch! I need a family model, no fair.

Excellent work, and congrats to everyone in the family!:D

On a second look, #3 and #4 look like completely different people - did you heal or PS to get the lightening effect or did that occur naturally? Either way, I like #4. A lot. :D

Thanks for the nice compliments!! These photos are straight out of the camera, no post done to them...all natural. we had an overcast day, so it was like shooting in a huge softbox :D.

I arranged her hair differently in shot 3. in shot 4, her part is in the middle...could explain the different looks! also, some were taken under some trees, others in the open. totally changes the light effects! actually makes it hard to get a handle on the exposure! i shoot aperture priorty but the w/b was often fooled by the cloud cover! gotta learn how to control that!!

My Smug Gallery
    edited October 6, 2007
    Elaine wrote:
    She's beautiful and I think you did a great job! Nice variety of poses (love her coat, BTW). On #3, I think if she had been looking up a bit more and maybe turned a bit towards the light her eyes would be sparkly; love the light on #4 (I might crop a little bit higher so as not to crop at the knee) and #5 is fun and relaxed and shows a connection between you. I like the idea of #2, but IMO the hair in front of her face is distracting. #1...I wish there were feet! Overall...lovely lady and lovely setting. Well done! thumb.gif

Thanks so much, Elaine!! here's an alternative for number 1.... you're right, the missing feet are bugging me now..

203671397-L.jpg

My Smug Gallery
  • hamsterhamster Registered Users Posts: 361 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2007
    Great shots! #3 is my favorite, and I MUST HAVE THAT COAT!
  • Cuties02qCuties02q Registered Users Posts: 643 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2007
    Wow great shots!!
    Part time photographer...Full time mommy :D

My equiment: Nikon D50, Nikon D300, SB-600, 30mm 1.4, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 70-200mm 2.8

WEBSITE
    BLOG
    edited October 6, 2007
    hamster wrote:
    Great shots! #3 is my favorite, and I MUST HAVE THAT COAT!

Thanks Hamster!! i can ask her where she bought it!! but i think it was in the UK!!:D

My Smug Gallery
    edited October 6, 2007
    Cuties02q wrote:
    Wow great shots!!

Thanks so much, Cuties!!

My Smug Gallery