San Diego Bootcamp Survivor

indiagirlindiagirl Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited October 9, 2007 in People
Hello to everyone and my fellow San Diego bootcamp alumni! So I have been registered with dgrin for awhile now but just now saw a thread that some of the other San Diego bootcampers put out there. Bootcamp was great! :barb The people, the teaching, and the fishbowls (inside joke) were great! Next week I have my first wedding show which I am nervous in and of itself; however, the bootcamp helped me to find the confidence that I had been lacking showing that I can do this. :clap Also I am even more exited about capturing the story of the day for my brides.

If you have an critique let me know.

#1: This is a portrait that I love. You can even see the outline of her eyelashes.
Models_BW_004_2.jpg

For some reason I could only post one. You can certainly go to my website and view all of them. www.livingmemoriesstudio.ifp3.com Click on Galleries/Weddings/San Diego

Cheers to everyone I have to go and see my new nephew 8 lbs 5 ounces. Landon Leaf.

Comments

• indiagirlindiagirl Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited October 9, 2007
    Not sure if I made this statement however if you have any critique please let me know.
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2007
    indiagirl wrote:
    Not sure if I made this statement however if you have any critique please let me know.

Looks as if no one wants to comment....so I will jump on in.

I think that the concept of a silloutte is awesome especially in wedding attire. This one, though, has a few distractions. First is the wall to the left, which could have been minimized with a framing adjustment. Then there is the window.....and the dark square back there. Wouldn't be so bad for me IF it was lighting the back of her veil more.

I have to admit that when I first saw it I wondered if you calibrate your computer monitor. AS a silloutte I think the highlights on the bride are a bit dark......and she is also not really standing out on the BG very well. I bet it would look better with a boost in contrast.

Good luck with the bridal show......and remember it is real easy for someone to criticize a shot after it is done.....shoulda done this...coulda done that....but we all have to work in the moment and make those same decisions. Not an easy task sometimes. The best way to improve of course is to shoot TONS of photos and learn from the ones you like....and those that you don't like.
  • ChatKatChatKat Registered Users Posts: 1,357 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2007
    There you are...
    I went to your website and browsed around. Awesome shots of the officient in your pix. headscratch.gif

That aside, I went to your gallery and looked at your San Diego gallery. You are very creative with your images. One thing that I notice and struggle with myself, is that there are extra things that don't belong in the images. I know we are being "photojournalists" but as someone I know says "You are responsible for everything in the frame". I try to remember that in the heat of the moment - not always an easy task to remember.
    Kathy Rappaport
    Flash Frozen Photography, Inc.
    http://flashfrozenphotography.com
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2007
    indiagirl wrote:

For some reason I could only post one.

Attachments are limited to one. If you embed you can post to your heart's content. More info in the link in my signature. :D
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops