LPS #14 Feedback Wanted

SamirDSamirD Registered Users Posts: 3,474 Major grins
edited October 9, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
My first time trying to make an entry. I thought it'd be fun and help expand my creativity.

This is a first attempt. I didn't have my zoom multiplier or tripod with me. :( I'll probably try again tommorrow to get the shot I really want.

I call it "Leaker"

204755187-M.jpg
Pictures and Videos of the Huntsville Car Scene: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
Want faster uploading? Vote for FTP!

Comments

• GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2007
    Hi,

This image does show texture, but it is lacking dynamics and I can't quite put my finger on why. Perhaps it needs more dramatic lighting, or needs to be closer to show more detail and bring out the repetition. As it is, it is very uniform, despite the shallow depth of field. It's not a bad image by any means, it's just not evoking any emotion from me.

Best of luck!
    Emily
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6

• SamirDSamirD Registered Users Posts: 3,474 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2007
    I agree. I'm hoping I can do better by using more of a zoom with the same dof. It's not the image in my head, but I thought I'd give it a shot. Thank you for the feedback! thumb.gif
    Pictures and Videos of the Huntsville Car Scene: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
    Want faster uploading? Vote for FTP!
  • JusticeiroJusticeiro Registered Users Posts: 1,177 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2007
    SamirD wrote:
    I agree. I'm hoping I can do better by using more of a zoom with the same dof. It's not the image in my head, but I thought I'd give it a shot. Thank you for the feedback! thumb.gif

Samir,

I think you should scrap this and start over. The shot has no dynamism. the patern is too regular to be truly "craggy" and there is no where for the eye to go. At the very least you need to do it B&W and bump up the contrast.

Maybe a super tight zoom from a different angle moght work, but if you are into cars, why not do a detail shot of some chrome or something? Perhaps a cool classic car macro.
    Cave ab homine unius libri