First shots with 40D

AiredrifterAiredrifter Registered Users Posts: 253 Major grins
edited October 8, 2007 in People
I went to a picnic last night and tried out the new body.

Tough light but a few came out.

204995546-L-1.jpg

204995422-L.jpg

204995495-L.jpg

Comments

• photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2007
    #1 - Tough light? Pshaw! That's perfect light! Gorgeous! Great composition, but the expression isn't quite right. But the light is gorgeous...

#2 - My favorite for composition and expression! Very, very cute. But it looks too red in their skin tones for me. It also looks pretty grainy so try it in B&W and I think you might love it as the lighting is great!

#3 - Too red again, but still cute. Looks like you might have had a slow shutter and it's a bit grainy. Was that because it was too dark? Or a high ISO? I find that if you get the exposure dead on, you won't get the banding grain as much, but you still get pleasant grain. If you didn't bump your ISO, try that instead - you'll get a faster shutter speed and more pleasing grain! Still a cute capture, though.... (And adorable girl!)
  • AiredrifterAiredrifter Registered Users Posts: 253 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2007
    #1 - Tough light? Pshaw! That's perfect light! Gorgeous! Great composition, but the expression isn't quite right. But the light is gorgeous...

#2 - My favorite for composition and expression! Very, very cute. But it looks too red in their skin tones for me. It also looks pretty grainy so try it in B&W and I think you might love it as the lighting is great!

#3 - Too red again, but still cute. Looks like you might have had a slow shutter and it's a bit grainy. Was that because it was too dark? Or a high ISO? I find that if you get the exposure dead on, you won't get the banding grain as much, but you still get pleasant grain. If you didn't bump your ISO, try that instead - you'll get a faster shutter speed and more pleasing grain! Still a cute capture, though.... (And adorable girl!)

You were right. (I had a harsh white light from inside blaring from one side and tried some flash bounce off the house siding to balance things out. The yard side was a black hole.) :) Thanks for the comments. I was shooting at iso 400. I should have bumped it up some more. It looks like TriX doesn't it? headscratch.gif

205109211-L.jpg
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2007
    LOVE the B&W conversion! Wonderful! I'm sure dad (I'm assuming) is quite happy with it!!