Still More Field Hockey...

wmstummewmstumme Registered Users Posts: 466 Major grins
edited October 8, 2007 in Sports
Another Saturday--so I was at another game yesterday. Since during the game the girls are always looking down at the ball on the ground, I decided to take a few shots to just get faces looking up--I know they're just standing around, but thought the parents might like a shot like these...

204773299-M.jpg

204775636-M.jpg

204805986-M.jpg

204805631-M.jpg

Here' are a couple of action shots:

205013437-M.jpg

Here's one I'm pretty happy with--but cropping was really tough, didn't want to cut out the ball or parts of the stick--but keeping it at a size to be able to print keeps the subject pretty far away:

204775504-M.jpg

And if you made it all the way down this far, one to show how bad the field was...

204805324-M.jpg

PS: We haven't had rain in Maryland in weeks. Thats why the grass doesn't look very green.

Appreciate any C&C.
Regards

Will

Comments

• donekdonek Registered Users Posts: 655 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2007
    wmstumme wrote:

Here' are a couple of action shots:

205013437-S.jpg

Here's one I'm pretty happy with--but cropping was really tough, didn't want to cut out the ball or parts of the stick--but keeping it at a size to be able to print keeps the subject pretty far away:

204775504-S.jpg

And if you made it all the way down this far, one to show how bad the field was...

204805324-S.jpg

PS: We haven't had rain in Maryland in weeks. Thats why the grass doesn't look very green.

Appreciate any C&C.

Never seen field hockey first hand so.... The first action shot looks like she's about to fall over (cool). I'd crop the second shot as a horizontal. 3rd could use a bit tighter crop. It's always tough when you get your peak action off to the side and want to keep the dirt flying. There's still some extraneous stuff that can be removed though.
    Sean Martin
    www.seanmartinphoto.com

aaaaa.... who am I kidding!

whoever dies with the biggest coolest piece of glass, wins!