It's been a while since...

sebmoursebmour Registered Users Posts: 61 Big grins
edited October 8, 2007 in People
I shot a model. Especially a male model. I had no clue how to position him. :dunno

3 basic shots since this will be for his for portfolio.

b-1.jpg

fBW.jpg

d.jpg

C&C welcomed
Photography is the projection of my vision and mind.

http://sebmour.smugmug.com

Comments

• SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2007
    I like the last shot, but I don't like the fact that it was shot with sunglasses on.
  • IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2007
    Me too
    Yeah, I think the last one is the most arresting, but I think it would have been better if not BOTH the head and body were straight-on to the camera. No tension. And lose the sunglasses. If the shots are for his portfolio, whoever's looking at them won't give a rip about the glasses. They'll want to see his face.

Keep in mind though that I shoot architecture. WTF do I know.ne_nau.gif
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • Red JRed J Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
    edited October 7, 2007
    On the third one, I'd also clean up the jean wrinkles. Maybe shoot this one again before he has a chance to sit down?
  • binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2007
    i love the second shot! very nice work thumb.gif
  • leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2007
    The wide angle of two (#2) is very nice. The sharpness of the tennies are nice with the shirt. Not to mention the contrast of the tennie string pattern with the vertical stripes in the shirt.. The 'head' and the 'square' color block on the concrete are a cool comparison. Tha swatch on the concrete is cool. Really, this is a great background for a shot. score. The model looking 'up' the stairs, composes nicely. The hands and arms of the model follow the shot, and match the feel of the stairs quite nicely. A very pleasing shot, emotionally. Thanks for sharing!
    Growing with Dgrin

• sebmoursebmour Registered Users Posts: 61 Big grins
    edited October 8, 2007
    I have the same shot without the sunglasses. I just like it better with them.
    The wrinkles come like that on the jeans.

Thank you for all the comments.

I am far from being happy about the shots, my speciality is motorsport and I find it hard to guide model without making it looked to posed.
    Photography is the projection of my vision and mind.

http://sebmour.smugmug.com